Complaint Review: Virtual Body Shop

• Submitted: Sun, September 24, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, November 12, 2006

• Reported By:Kenbridge Virginia
Virtual Body Shop
712 Commercial St. Humboldt, Illinois U.S.A.

Virtual Body Shop used motor totally unusable Ripoff Humboldt Illinois

*Author of original report: Conflict resolved

*Author of original report: Virtual Body Shop 2nd. addition...

We ordered a used motor, paid with credit card, received motor via reputable truck carrier, motor was completely unusable, could not be installed in condition received, certified mechanics gave sworn statements concerning the condition, pictures taken at time of receipt, called Virtual Body Shop and phone person told me basically "tough S---" my problem and hung up on myself, my wife and my daughter each time we called. We shipped the motor back at our expense (394.00) and filed a claim with the credit card company which initially denied the payment to Virtual Body Shop but then reversed their decision and paid them the 975.00 charge. We then went to our local court system and filed a lawsuit in General District court, notified Virtual Body Shop of the action and received no response, the court issued a judgment against Virtual Body Shop and we are in the process of refilling with the credit card company which under the circumstance... I believe we will prevail. We are also in the process of obtaining a garnishment against them. According to Virtual Body Shops statement, they are not responsible for anything they sell and have no responsibility for any business they transact... this is according to their own statement on their website.READ IT VERY CAREFULLY AND YOU WILL CERTAINLY SEE. If they have no responsibility.... WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT THE INTEGRITY AND CHARACTER OF THE COMPANY.... WHEN THEY REFUSE TO STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS... BEWARE TO THIS ONE!!!!!!

Bill
Kenbridge, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2006 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virtual-Body-Shop/Humboldt-Illinois-61931/Virtual-Body-Shop-used-motor-totally-unusable-Ripoff-Humboldt-Illinois-212509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virtual Body Shop

Conflict resolved

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

Update:
Virtual Body Shop had their attorney contact me and filed suit against me in Illinois to try and reverse the action I took in Virginia move the case to Illinois... long story short... I involved my attorney, who contacted their attorney... Virtual Body Shop agreed to drop their contersuit and return the payment for the motor... IN FULL... which should tell you something... so the conflict is over although it still cost me for the attorney and the shipping of the unusable motor back to the shipper.... SO JUST BE AWARE OF WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH AND GO INTO ANY INTERNET TRANSACTION WITH YOU EYES OPEN.

Virtual Body Shop 2nd. addition...

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

I might mention that we ordered another used motor from a company closer (Richmond, Va.) and recommended by a friend. The motor was received in good condition, installed with the additional parts from our motor and it runs fine... I guess the moral of this story is: thoroughly check out the people you are doing business with... just because they have a pretty web site and plenty of fancy print and pictures doesn't make them reliable...

I might also mention that the disclaimers that are most evident on every web retailer are sometime pages and pages long and sometimes the fine print is actually so fine that you cannot read it... I even tried to copy/paste into my word program to enlarge the print and you could not copy from the page on the web.... what does that tell you... anyway, we are getting it straight and have learned a very valuable lesson.