Port

• Updated: Thu, April 01, 2010

• Reported By: james007 — apollo beach Florida United States of America
Virtual Group,Inc. d/b/a Realty Trade
14 E. Washington St. Suite 306 Orlando, Florida United States of America

Virtual Group,Inc. d/b/a Realty Trade Will not refund money, as per agreement. Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Refund

My wife and I entered into agreement with Realty Trade and the starting date was 9/03/09, and would last until 3/03/10. (six months) The agreement was that they would market our time sharing poperty (not sell) during these six months with the hopes of getting offers which them we would handle on our own. If we did not receive any offers during the six month period then our money would be fully refundable. On 2/08/10 we received an email from Realty Trade stating that we had received an offer. A second email arrived giving us the email address of the potential buyer, and some advise about how to write a reply. We immediately sent an email to the buyer. After 3 to 4 days we did not get a reply. Upon contacting Realty Trade they told us to wait a few days and then send another email, which we did. Still no reply. We again notified Realty Trade that we still did not receive a reply. They said they would contact the buyer on their own. After a week I called to see if there was an additional info and was informed that they had not been able to get a response from the buyer. At this point I asked if this qualified as a legitmate offer and they said it was and therefore a refund would not be forthcoming when the agreement ended. After the agreement ended 3/03/10 I calledd to see if in fact my money would be refunded. I spoke to a rep by the name of "Wendy" and she said yes and that she would contact the marketing department, and they would be calling me about the refund. No call was forthcoming. After a week I called again and again I spoke with "Wendy" and informed her that no one had contacted me. She put me on hold for a long time and when she came back she said she spoke to the marketing department and again they would be contacting me within 24 hours. Again no phone call was received. Again I called and again more or less the same thing happened. Today, 3/29/10 I called again and again I was put on hold for a long time. This time a lady named Gina Aime got on the phone and told me that a refund was not due because I did not inform them in writing of my request for a refund withing ten days after the contract or agreement expired. (The sad part is if I would have checked the fine print I would have seen this). My question to her was, why didn't the rep. Wendy say this during the weeks of phone calls, back and forth. Her reply was that the representatives are not trained to educate the consumers. Is their anything I can do at this point? The Attorney General's office of Florida thinks their is. I have filed a report with them. They informed me that Realty Trade was already under a court order and had to put money into an account for the purpose of refunds. They are not sure if I qualify. when my wife got home from work and I told her of these developments I almost cried just looking at the strain on her face. Shame on me for not reading the fine print. However I do beleive I was misled upon calling in. Can you help me?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2010 05:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virtual-GroupInc-dba-Realty-Trade/Orlando-Florida-32801/Virtual-GroupInc-dba-Realty-Trade-Will-not-refund-money-as-per-agreement-Orlando-F-587027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virtual Group,Inc. d/b/a Realty Trade

Refund

AUTHOR: P. O. ed - (USA)

If you paid by credit card contact your card issuer to dispute the charge.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC