Complaint Review: Virtual PC Support

• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 23, 2012

• Reported By: Jim — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Virtual PC Support

Virtual PC Support VPCSUPPORT.COM Crashed my entire system - could not help restore at all - no refund as promised! Internet

*Consumer Comment: WOW

I was having a problem with Google Chrome - I searched the internet (Google Search) for a solution - this was the top option.  I called them thinking I was getting Google Support (which they never refuted) and began talking to them about my issue.
The only way they could help was if they could have remote access to my system - I granted that.  During this session they showed me all of these screens that said I had numerous viruses (I am not a computer expert and it looked legitimate).

I was then told that for $419.99 they could fix all of my problems and give me a new multi-year warranty on my system - they also stated that if they could not resolve all of my issues that I would not be charged, and that they also had a 30 Day Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee if needed.  This is for my Non-Profit business and we needed it running so I agreed based on the guarantees.

They had a Technician take over my computer and he was opening and closing a lot of windows and making changes.  He then downloaded some Anti Virus Program (which I now know to have been Freeware).  After some time he was able to open Google Chrome (my original issue) and show me the same screens where the "virus" supposedly was and no was not.  During this entire time he never had me reboot my system.

At the end of the session he told me to go ahead and reboot my system when I was done for the day - so all updates could process.

I did this and left for the day.  When I came back the next day - my entire system was crashed!  I called them and after having me attempt several fixes they said that I had to get a new operating system or go to the manufacturer - there was nothing more they could do?  I asked about the refund and was told it would be processed.

I called the manufacturer who had me perform several steps to get to a screen where they could tell that the operating system had been tampered with and critical files had been removed.  The only option was to reformat the hard drive and reinstall the operating system and all programs.  This took a few hours to do - but the system is as good as new.

It has now been 15 days of constant phone calls to the company and still no refund?  Their answer is always "we will have to have someone call you back in 5-10 minutes - or 24hours - to process your refund".

I have spoken to no less than 15 different people over the 15 days and keep getting the same runaround about them needing to call me back - they never do!  I have filed a complaint with the credit card company and am still calling several times a day to get what I am owed.

Do Not Do Business With This Company!!  They are a scam!!

Jim, Phoenix, AZ

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virtual-PC-Support/internet/Virtual-PC-Support-VPCSUPPORTCOM-Crashed-my-entire-system-could-not-help-restore-at-all-913958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virtual PC Support

WOW

AUTHOR: QueenAsmara - (United States of America)

The exact same thing happened with me.. I am on hold with their company right now waiting for a rep from the "refund department" I spend over 400 dollars on something that isn't even real.. I cannot believe I actually got scammed by someone, I am normally very cautious with things like this, and I also clicked on the top response from google search and that is how I got their phone number.. they made it seem like I had over 400 virus's and so I panicked.