Complaint Review: Virtuo Sound Studio

• Updated: Thu, December 30, 2010

• Reported By: GeorgiaReviews — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Virtuo Sound Studio
500 E. Rope Mill Ln. Canton, Georgia United States of America

Virtuo Sound Studio Josh Hack, Virtuo Productions This recording studio is using false audio samples. Canton, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: not true in my case

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: THESE ARE COMPLETELY FALSE ALLEGATIONS

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This is ridiculous

*General Comment: Andrew Burn is not responsible for this post.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: NOT TRUE AT ALL!!

Virtuo Sound Studio is using recording samples on their website that were recorded and mixed at a different location by someone who isn't affiliated with Virtuo Sound Studios. This studio is using these high quality recordings to attract new clients who think what they are listening to was recorded at Virtuo Sound Studios when in fact they were not. This studio is a scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2010 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Virtuo-Sound-Studio/Canton-Georgia-/Virtuo-Sound-Studio-Josh-Hack-Virtuo-Productions-This-recording-studio-is-using-false-aud-613412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Virtuo Sound Studio

not true in my case

AUTHOR: msd - ()

I have recorded at Virtuo and one of my band's songs are one of their examples.  The song was recorded, mixed, and mastered all at Virtuo; so at least in that case the former complaint is wrong.  I am in no way affiliated with Virtuo other than being a paying and satisfied customer.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

THESE ARE COMPLETELY FALSE ALLEGATIONS

AUTHOR: Virtuo Sound Studio - (United States of America)

I do not use false audio sample to attract clients. I worked on each and every project that you hear in my audio samples. My studio is in no way a scam. I apologize for the behavior of whoever feels it necessary to slander my business without cause. My only hope is that those who might be reading this so called Rip Off Report, will look past it and still consider Virtuo for all your audio recording needs. Thank you!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is ridiculous

AUTHOR: Virtuo Sound Studio - (United States of America)

If it wasn't started by Andrew, then it was most likely done by his dad (who happens to be a lawyer).  I find this whole thing ridiculous...and the fact is that I was involved in recorded ALL the songs on my website.  So, the entire basis of this report is completely wrong.  If anyone would like to discuss this with me personall, rather than hide behind an anonymous identity, then feel free to contact me at:

contact@virtuosoundstudio.com

#4 General Comment

Andrew Burn is not responsible for this post.

AUTHOR: Law Representative - (United States of America)

Andrew Burn is not responsible for this post and is no way amalgamated with the author. Andrew Burn shares no affiliation with this report, the author, Josh Hack nor Virtuo Sound Studio.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

NOT TRUE AT ALL!!

AUTHOR: Virtuo Sound Studio - (United States of America)

My name is Josh, and, I am the owner of Virtuo Sound Studio.  I would like to clear up this whole RipOff Report thing about me and my studio.

Andrew Burn and I used to be partners and we worked out of his parents house for about a year before moving into my current location in Canton.  So, the fact is that he and I did all of the songs you hear the studio website and Myspace TOGETHER...with the exception of a song or two that I did MYSELF.  Andrew did not want to do any work, yet, he wanted to still share in the studio income....that's not fair at all and I told him so.  Then, the next thing I know, he is telling me that he wants to quit the studio and the partnership.  So, I bought him out of the partnership (I gave him back the money he put into the place....which, by the way, was ONLY TWO PERCENT of what I put into it).

The problem really started when he told me he wanted his band to be able to still record at Virtuo for FREE!!  I told him his band could record on OFF HOURS for FREE, but, if they wanted to actually book full days I would need them to pay what it costs me to open the doors (electricity, etc)....believe me when I tell you that it wasn't asking much and seemed like a fair deal.  I mean, why should it COST ME to have his band recording at MY STUDIO??  So, his response to my offer was...ummm...lets just say less than positive.  He called me every name in the book (even racial slurs) and told me that he would rather pay another studio full price that come pay me a few bucks to cover my overhead.

I have attempted to remain on the high road throughout this negative situation.  But, it seems that Andrew carries a grudge and is attempting to ruin my business.  The thing is, I have alot of VERY satisfied clients and my business continues to grow, despite Andrew's mudslinging and hate mongering.

I'm happy to provide further detail to anyone who would like the truth about what happened. Feel free to email me at:    contact@virtuosoundstudio.com

Thanks for allowing me to set the record straight.

Josh