Complaint Review: Visa & Digital Century

• Submitted: Thu, January 23, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, January 23, 2003

• Reported By:Beverly Hills California
Visa & Digital Century
www.visa.com Souix Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

Visa & Digital Century Bait & switch kept goods charged anyway rip-off business Souix Falls Hong Kong

Was in Hong Kong buying a Digital Camera. The company, Digital Century, agreed to a price and went to retreive the camera as I completed the charge paperwork for Visa. While I was waiting, a salesman, Anthony, advised me that I could get a better camera with many additional features for a much better deal. I accepted his advice, letting him know that if it was not better, I would be back to return the camera.

That evening, I reviewed the camera on the web and concluded that everything he represented was false. Specifically, the camera was not a dual camera, digital video recorder, the resolution was lower that he stated, and, in fact, it was not a new model just coming on the market.

I returned the next morning to return the camera for what I wanted. The store refused to accept the return. I took my receipt copies and left the merchandise, advising them that I would expect a credit. Bad move.

The store neither credited my account, nor did it send me the merchandise. As a matter of fact, they claimed that the merchandise was never received. Visa was useless as their fraud division claimed this was not fraud and the theft division claimed it was not theft. Now, I will give you that buying merchandise in Hong Kong was probably a bad idea, but this level of blantant dishonesty is clearly supported by Visa in that it issues authorization to fraudulent and dishonest vendors.

John
Beverly Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2003 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Visa-Digital-Century/Souix-Falls-South-Dakota/Visa-Digital-Century-Bait-switch-kept-goods-charged-anyway-rip-off-business-Souix-Fall-42551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Visa & Digital Century