Complaint Review: Visa Fraud Prevention Services

• Submitted: Sun, January 15, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, January 15, 2012

• Reported By: aareavis — Pittsburg Kansas United States of America
Visa Fraud Prevention Services

Visa Fraud Prevention Services left a voicemail asking me to verify some transactions on my new debit card Internet

*Consumer Comment: The real visa fraud prevention

I got a voicemail this morning from someone claiming to be "Visa Fraud Prevention Services".  They left me a phone number and a case number.  I googled the number and couldn't find anything.  I called it to see if I could get away without using my actual card number.  I entered the case number just as it was cited to me in the voicemail.  It wouldn't recognize the case number and asked for my card number.  I hung up.

I thought for a second that it might be legitimate because I HAVE spent quite a bit of money in the last couple days but I grew even more suspicious when they insisted on having my card number.  After it wouldn't take my case number, I hung up and listened to the voicemail again and saw that I had copied it down right.  I called back and was immediately asked for my card number.

I called the number on the back of my card and spoke with someone.  The man I spoke with didn't see any flags or notifications on my account.  We reviewed the transactions and they were all correct.

I will be ignoring any calls from this number in the future.  The website I listed is the first hit that came up on google.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2012 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Visa-Fraud-Prevention-Services/internet/Visa-Fraud-Prevention-Services-left-a-voicemail-asking-me-to-verify-some-transactions-on-823116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Visa Fraud Prevention Services

The real visa fraud prevention

AUTHOR: TNCSMOM - (United States of America)

This happened to me recently but the difference was they knew my name and my card number already. So if it happens to you again, if it is legit, they already know your info.