Complaint Review: VisaHQ

• Submitted: Fri, September 10, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, September 16, 2010

• Reported By: "Jenny" — Vancouver Washington United States of America
VisaHQ
2500 Massachusetts Avenue Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

VisaHQ Collected $$ for services not provided! Sent a Passport to the wrong location! Washington, District of Columbia

*UPDATE Employee: VisaHQ response

*Author of original report: VisaHQ

*UPDATE Employee: VisaHQ.com response

We needed a fast walk thru passport with a 1 to 2 day turn around time, we applied to VisaHQ in Washington DC thinking we would get fast accurate service that they charged us for!

We were so wrong.  We sent our passport application in of the 1st of Sept, (yes we know that was Labor Day and that there would be a delay), we paid VisaHQ $224.00 to rush our application which included, a letter from our company requesting a 1 to 2 day turn around, along with the following items, passport application completely filled out, birth certificate, 2 passport photos, and a check made out to the Department of State for $170.00.  we sent this information by FedEx overnight and it was received by VisaHQ on the 2nd of Sept a Friday. We didn't get confirmation of our application until the 7th of September, and didn't get the passport  number  and expiration date until the 8th of September, we expected our passport here by the 9th of September, but some how it ended up at our company headquarters in PA instead of in our hands for an immediate departure!

We called the company (VisaHQ) to speak with a supervisor and complain, but VisaHQ insisted the error was ours!  The error was our in using this service, which ended up costing my husband a delay and use the rush service charge!  The least VisaHQ could do is refund us the Rush service fees we paid them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2010 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VisaHQ/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20036/VisaHQ-Collected-for-services-not-provided-Sent-a-Passport-to-the-wrong-location-Wa-639384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VisaHQ

VisaHQ response

AUTHOR: Brian Clucas - VisaHQ.com - (United States of America)

Firstly, of course you have receipts and FedEx tracking numbers. You paid for a service and got it. So your claim is (apparently), that VisaHQ.com was somehow responsible for the delay in the receipt of your travel documents. Not sending the documents to us as requested (they arrived later than noted in your posting) and failing to initially provide full payment held your application up.

The matter with the shipping address also was out of our hands and in fact selected entirely by you.

However, what troubles me most about your postings (aside from the factual errors) is the notion that we had some reason to intentionally ship your documents to an address other than that selected by yourself.

VisaHQ.com has a long history of providing travel document services and we pride ourselves on our integrity. If VisaHQ.com had indeed been in anyway responsible for the delay, I assure you that I would be issuing a refund on the difference in the service levels. That would be the least we could do.

I appeal to your sense of rationale, review the timelime of events and then think about your original posting -- how much if any of this is accurate?

Brian
Director of Marketing
VisaHQ.com

VisaHQ

AUTHOR: "Jenny" - (United States of America)

I should have know you would hold your service as unaccountable!  I have the documentation to back up my claim, as I have the Fed Ex Receipts and the banking documents to show $170.00 was deducted from my bank!

Yo further say we were informed everystep of the way, again I am not suprised!  As you only initiated one contact with us!  The rest were ours, The documents were sent to you on the 1st of Sept and from the moment we did business with your service, it was one delay after another!  Your sevices is not worth the trouble or expense we went through!

As for sending our documents to the wrong address I believe this was retatitory, because we were requesting our document number....your service even misspelled our last name on the documents that were sent to our employer!  The employer then had to have them forwarded to us at our home address, at no time was the mistake ours!  But I am sure you will remain blameless!

VisaHQ.com response

AUTHOR: Brian Clucas - VisaHQ.com - (United States of America)

In response to this report, I think it is important to alert the public of additional information. VisaHQ.com did everything within our powers to assist in obtaining your application and made you fully aware of the circumstances, with continuous updates and details.

Firstly, having selected an expedited service there was a failure on behalf of the client to ship their documentation to us for processing within the required time frame (your documents did not arrive on the date mentioned in your post, but later). This caused your application to then be submitted over a holiday weekend.

While your passport request was being handled, we received a large volume of phone calls from you insisting that we at least tell you your passport number ahead of its release by the US Department of State. VisaHQ had no power, or the ability to do this (that information is privy only to the passport office until your new passport is shipped). You then clearly expressed your annoyance, though we were faultless.

On the matter of shipping, as the client, you selected the shipping address; I know personally that the partner of the applicant entered the work address, we simply shipped the passport to the address we were instructed to when the order was complete. Shipping a rush passport to a work address is by no means an unusual request. We presumed that you had selected the shipping address with care.

As the marketing director for VisaHQ, I find it a shame that you have elected to blame us and then accuse our company of any wrongdoing. We did everything we could to help you push through your application over the Labor Day holiday.