Complaint Review: Viscom Technology Group

• Submitted: Wed, December 12, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 27, 2007

• Reported By:Adelphi Maryland
Viscom Technology Group
4064 Peavey Road Chaska, Minnesota U.S.A.

Viscom Technology Group No Customer Service Available After Purchase of V2 Premier Laptop Chaska Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: Viscom Technology Group is in Bankruptcy

*Consumer Comment: THE V2 PREMIER UNFORTUNATELY IS BUILT WITH JUNK PARTS

*Consumer Suggestion: V2 Premeir computer are worthless

Wow! Only when I thought I was the only who had problems with my V2 Premier laptop, I have now realized there many of us out there - more than anyone can imagine. I purchased my V2 Premier 15.4 - 1.66GHZ from ShopNBC for about $2,100 in June 2005, bought the warranty for it for about $250 (or so), and believe it or not the laptop started to malfunction from the initial router setup, which my Internet Service Provider could not configure to run, and I was told to buy another router; and from there some 3 months later, the pin inside the laptop ((the pin to which the ac adapter connects)) broke, and I had to send the computer back for repair, and it took 2 months to get the computer back. Now, after my warranty ran out after one year, I have the same problem with the laptop: a broken pin inside the computer, thus preventing the laptop from battery from getting charged; I have tried over and over to make contact with V2 Premier customer service folks, but there are nowhere to be found.... I have sent several e-mails just to ask them where I could get this laptop fixed, no luck! Worse yet there seems to be no shop in the D.C. area that could find the parts (parts #) for that laptop, and that I am told by several computer repair shops "only the manufacturer for this laptop would know". Now, I am stuck basically with a very expensive computer that does not work, and the customer service folks are ignoring every correspondence to get this computer fixed. What am I to do? It seems to be a simple problem to fix if I could only get the part number. Please advise! Can anyone refer me to a shop that could fix this laptop. I am willing to ship out of state if I have to. Please note that the V2 Premier (Model Green553 or G553) is made by Viscom Technology Group, and that they will know the part number (wishing you luck if you could ever get in touch with them... for I have been unsuccessful so far). If luck strikes you by, and you get the part number, would you please post your reply or send an e-mail to (((ROR REDACTED))) and please put V2 PREMIER in the SUBJECT line. Thanks in advance for your help. I would hate to lose a very expensive computer just because of broken pin!

Sincerely,

Jolibois

(((ROR REDACTED)))

Jolibois
Adelphi, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2007 08:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viscom-Technology-Group/Chaska-Minnesota-55318/Viscom-Technology-Group-No-Customer-Service-Available-After-Purchase-of-V2-Premier-Laptop-291139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viscom Technology Group

Viscom Technology Group is in Bankruptcy

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Vendor relationship. During the first quarter, one of our major electronics vendors, Viscom Technology Group, informed us of their decision to discontinue operations. We are working with them on an orderly wind-down of their business. We continue to grow our overall electronics business with other vendors and new product offerings. We also expect to retain relationships with key manufacturers that Viscom previously represented.

THE V2 PREMIER UNFORTUNATELY IS BUILT WITH JUNK PARTS

AUTHOR: Margaret - (U.S.A.)

I bought a desktop in Fall 2004. I really liked the sales pitch on NBC Shop At Home and the Computer had all I was looking for including a lot more. Well I had to send it back 3 times during the warrenty period and 18 months later ended up having to replace the mother board. They built them with cheap parts. I still have mine, however its been updated and memory added, and it actually works better now than it did at the initial purchase but I will never purchase a computer off TV again.
I did send complaint letters to Shop at Home and the BBB of Minnesota and it went nowhere.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

V2 Premeir computer are worthless

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I regret to inform you that Viscom Tech. the company that sells the V2 Premier
computer is in Bankruptcy. The computer (Jim Peterson) made all the money by
selling real cheap computers and then bailed out, more then likely a millionaire.

You might want to contact the ECS group the real manufacture of your laptop.