Steele

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 31, 2012

• Reported By: Worada — Toledo Ohio United States of America
Vision Direct
Customer Care 411 108th Avenue NE, Suite 1400 Bel Internet United States of America

Vision Direct visiondirect.com Company charged credit card, placed order, and shipped contacts that I NEVER ordered! Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Please accept our apologies...

I NEVER ordered the contacts from them.  I NEVER stated that I wanted to order these.

I tried to order a specific brand of contacts, and they sent me an email stating that it couldn't be verified with my eye doctor.  I thought, okay, no problem...the order I wanted was cancelled.  Not the case!  They decided to place an entirely new order based on a previous order on file from my eye doctor's office, charge my credit card, and ship these contacts that I never wanted.  They decided for me...apparently, it doesn't matter what I want.

They also decided to let me know AFTER they charged me and shipped the contacts so that I couldn't cancel what they did.

I had no warning that they would "choose" what contacts to order me, and that they would charge my credit card and ship them out.

Why not contact me first to see if I want to purchase the prescription file that they found from my eye doctor?  Why a surprise charge and ship?  Oh yeah, that's right, because I got a RIPOFF.  Their website doesn't even allow you to delete your credit card on file...so perhaps they can surprise, charge, and ship whenever they want again?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vision-Direct/internet/Vision-Direct-visiondirectcom-Company-charged-credit-card-placed-order-and-shipped-cont-934990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vision Direct

Please accept our apologies...

AUTHOR: VisionDirect.com - (United States of America)

Hello. My name is Dean and I'm a Customer Care Supervisor with Vision Direct.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by the replacement of your recent order via our prescription verification process. We assure you that our these procedures are meant to ensure patient safety in ordering the correct contact lenses that they were fitted for and prescribed by their eye care practitioner. There was no ill-will intended in the replacement of your order and we sincerely regret that it's caused you inconvenience.

Please note that we are more than happy to accept unopened, non-defaced contact lenses back for a full refund to your payment method and that we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further and try to make this right! Please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience by e-mail (fbhelp at visiondirect dot com) and provide us with your order information. We will be happy to investigate this further and reach out to you.

Again, please accept our apologies. We look forward to hearing from you

Dean B