Complaint Review: Vision Prepaid visa debit card

• Submitted: Mon, March 26, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 26, 2012

• Reported By: lcombs68 — saint paulm Minnesota United States of America
Vision Prepaid visa debit card

Vision Prepaid visa debit card Dont even think about getting a Vision prepaid card Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I promise I will follow your advice and never get one of these...

I have been using the vision prepaid debit card for about 6 months now and having my paychecks direct deposited on there.

I rented from a redbox dvd machine and returned the movies 3 days later. I received a charge for $73 a month later stating that the movies were never returned. I called to dispute the transaction with the card and first of all getting a live person took over 15 minutes. It was all automated and I had to keep pushing buttons to try and get a live person.

When I finally could connect to someone I was told that there would be a charge for talking to an operator. Can you believe that I have to pay to talk to someone about their crappy card?? Anyhow I said that I wanted to do a dispute. You are not allowed to dispute over the phone. You have to put it in writing and then mail them a letter or fax to their non tollfree fax number. I was then told that it would take UP TO 90 DAYS for the resolution of the dispute.

This card also doesn't let you withdraw more than $500 off your card per day. If you have to pay rent or something...forget about on that day. You will have to go to the atm for several days and pay more and more fees just to get YOUR MONEY!

Don't bother with this card. I can't wait until Im out of Chex systems so that I can have a regular checking account again. At least if you have to dispute a charge they will credit your account immediately until the investigation is over.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2012 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vision-Prepaid-visa-debit-card/internet/Vision-Prepaid-visa-debit-card-Dont-even-think-about-getting-a-Vision-prepaid-card-Intern-859505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vision Prepaid visa debit card

I promise I will follow your advice and never get one of these...

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

...because I have a bank account, which, with my debit card, is the same as a "prepaid debit card". Why not just get an account. FWIW, I am with Ally, and they are awesome.