Complaint Review: Vision Prepaid

• Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: Carrie — Happy Valley Oregon United States of America
Vision Prepaid
Houston, Texas United States of America

Vision Prepaid $250.00 Authorization held for 30+ days and still not released. Customer Service hangs up Houston, Texas

I have a Vision Prepaid card.  I used it for the incidentals hold for a hotel, which was $250.00 (nice place).  It had been my experience in the past that Vision will hold onto an authorization for 30 days sometimes, and when it is only $30-50 I really didn't sweat it before.  But knowing them, I asked the hotel manager to fax them a release with all of the information that Vision required when I checked out, which they did.  5 days later, the money still had not been released.  I called Customer Service, and after jumping through all menu hoops to get to a live person, I was advised that they never received a fax....I confirmed that the fax number was correct, then asked the hotel manager to send a release again, which they did.  5 more days, the money still had not been released.  Manager confirms a second fax was sent, so I called again went through the hoops to get to a customer service rep, was told again, that they never received anything.  I figured I would wait the month, because I felt bad for hassling the hotel staff (after all, they didn't do anything wrong and had already gone out of their way to help)

It has now been a month and a day since the authorization, and it still has not been released.  I messaged vision, received a reply that the release was never received, and to send it AGAIN!

I proceeded to call customer service TWICE today.  Both times, I went through the steps to get to a live person, but in the end, both times, I reached a recording that stated that "your call cannot be answered at this time" and the system hung up on me.  Both times, I was charged 1.95 for my call to customer service.

Needless to say, I have sought out a banking alternative that I am using now, but would like my $250.00 back.  I have pestered the hotel staff again today to fax them a release, but they are getting frustrated, as am I.

Does anyone know of legal investigations pending/proceeding against this outfit?  I would gladly participate and bring my documentation to the table.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vision-Prepaid/Houston-Texas-/Vision-Prepaid-25000-Authorization-held-for-30-days-and-still-not-released-Customer-983517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vision Prepaid