Complaint Review: Vision Security

• Updated: Thu, May 03, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Richmond Virginia United States of America
Vision Security
4904 ENCHANTED LN. RICHMOND, Virginia United States of America

Vision Security neiborhood scouts "Hello my name is _ _ _ may I have a moment of your time. We are out here today with a promotional offer" RICHMOND, Virginia

*Author of original report: Contract located

*Author of original report: Talk with Vision security / more about scheme

*Author of original report: Neighborhood Scouts

Hi I am writing to let people know what Vision Security has done to me, also to see if anyone else has encountered this situation. I was approached in my yard by a young man  wearing a blue button down shirt. He introduced himself and ask if I was interested in a home security system. He stated there was allot of burglaries recently in my area, he went on to say it was mainly sheds, also it was during the day. I was already talking to a representative from ADT in the previous months up until this day. He was holding a folder with papers one blue page was pulled up above the others at the top of the page in bold print was the letters ADT. We were heading out but I figured since it was a promotion I would take a few minutes to see if it was a better offer than I was previously quoted. ADT was offering $99.00 install with a contract at that time. This salesman said they had free installation also we would get 5 extra points to use for more sensors to put around my home or garage additionally we would get a remote along with the package. All of this for $49.99 a month with a three year contract. So I was very pleased I did not think for a second that this was not an ADT representative. He showed me the the envelope that said Vision security I figured they were an affiliate of ADT. I ask him while my family was present how much was the equipment he said it was free with the contract. I said with the three year contract he said yes. So I got the alarm system.

We have automatic draft on my checking to pay the bill, recently I found that my account was debited more than the monthly amount. I had changed my account they were billing the old account number. I called to see what the issue was then found out the account problem. I ask what was the contract end date. I was told it was a five year contract. I complained to the manager he introduced himself as Trevor I told him about the way the salesman misrepresented Vision Security, he said if I had my contract I could be let out after three years. He also said that I had three days to cancel the service after signing it. I informed him that this was never disclosed to me. My wife has not found the contract yet she has been trying to locate it. I also had a situation in my home on July 10, 2010 a home invasion listed as breaking in entry. We used the alarm to call the police the person on the other end came over the speaker to see if it was an emergency my wife said yes send the police. I had to go to court in the matter so I called Vision about a record of the alarm. They said we have no record of any incident on July 10, 2010. I was not going to complain about the deceptive sales tactics or the poor service we have recieved from Vision Security.

This latest contract dispute put me over the edge. I had one more year left on my agreed contract. That my wife has likely thrown out. I will have to just cancel their service now an take a hit to my credit report. I have already contacted ADT in regards to the tactics used in the sales pitch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2012 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vision-Security/RICHMOND-Virginia-23237/Vision-Security-neiborhood-scouts-Hello-my-name-is-may-I-have-a-moment-of-your-time-851717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vision Security

Contract located

AUTHOR: Michael - (United States of America)

I found the contract finally the 60 months was hand written in after i looked it over, I knew there had to be a reason he got it by me. As for my wife on the recording where she agreed to a 60 month contract that was either slipped past her or that was voiced over. Got the license number i will be in touch with the attorney generals office.

Talk with Vision security / more about scheme

AUTHOR: Michael - (United States of America)

I just talked to Vision security. I found out when I was signing the contract after my phone interview the sales rep. got on the phone. As I was reading the contract he was handing me the phone again. I was busy so I told my wife to talk to him. They played the recording they stated a sixty month contract my wife did not even notice the discrepancy, knowing I was busy he thought he would get it by me but instead I put her on the phone. I figured it was just some simple thank you for signing. But it was more deception he did not mention the length of contract during the first part of the phone interview they wait till you are busy trying to read the contract over. I would have caught it right away. The sales tactics along with the confusion they like to create during the process. Before the details were even ironed out they were rushing to install the equipment, noting he was very busy and had to move on to other houses. Bad business, bad customer service also poor installation my system has went to battery several times due to a loose connection to the outlet, if the plug in the wall is tapped it will lose connection. I am glad I have a homestead exemption built in my mortgage agreement thats right no leans. I have tried to talk to them with no agreement of course, when they get you signed on it is money in the bank to them. Customer complaints seem to mean nothing to them.

Neighborhood Scouts

AUTHOR: Michael - (United States of America)

I want to add that the sales tech introduced himself as working for Honeywell equipment who he represented. When I signed the contract he said he was upgrading my system to the new control panel at no charge. The one installed is made by GE I found that very odd as well. Everything about this situation was misrepresented. After I said I was going to get the system he hurried his installer in that seemed as if he was on a timer to install the panel as fast as he could. My outlet that he ran the power from is still loose every since he pulled it out of the wall and it has a loose connection as well.