Complaint Review: Vision Security

• Submitted: Fri, June 29, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, June 29, 2012

• Reported By: Please knock on my door — Huntington Beach California United States of America
Vision Security

Vision Security GE auth rep Repair panel , authorized , GE , Enter home, Internet

While at home a representative of "GE" came to my door. He explained that there were break ins in the area recently and that they believe a faulty panel may not be reporting accurately. He showed me a picture of my panel on his iPad. They were authorized by GE to repair this panel and add a new chip to make sure it does not happen in the future when someone decides to cut my phone line (Indicating that is how the homes in the area were broken into). His lanyard around his neck said Vision Security (to which he never identified himself with)

I asked for ID and he said that if I go to a website, they will verify that he is an employee. He asked on multiple occasions to come in and start his work. I called ADT (my alarm company) to see if this guy was legit.

ADT explained that his company is actually going to alter my panel and then have me sign a new contract to have them monitor my service while paying ADT at the same time.  When I asked the rep why ADT says that he is not authorized by them to touch my panel he got visibly upset.

He asked me why I called ADT? I asked him why he is asking me why I called MY alarm company to verify if he's allowed to touch it? I then asked if I would sign a new contract with him for the free service/upgrade he was doing. He said yes. I called the police, at that point he and his partner jumped into the car and took off.

If you're doing things legally, I'm sure fleeing the scene when hearing about cops demonstrates that right?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2012 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vision-Security/internet/Vision-Security-GE-auth-rep-Repair-panel-authorized-GE-Enter-home-Internet-904753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vision Security