Complaint Review: Visionworks

• Updated: Fri, March 29, 2013

• Reported By: JeanneW — The Colony Texas
Visionworks
Hwy 121 Frisco, Texas United States of America

Visionworks Eyemasters RIP OFF- "Buy one get one free" total scam!!!! Frisco, Texas

*Consumer Comment: They did you a favor

Vision works advertised "Buy One pair, get 2nd pair free. "Any frames, 2 prescriptions ok, no exclusions" My mom and I went to Visionworks at Stone Briar mall in Frisco, TX. After spending an hour selecting the frames we sat down to discuss the pricing. My mom and I were going to each get one pair (with one being free). They quoted a cost of $532.00 for her glasses and then my glasses would be free.

I decided I wasn't 100% sure about my new frames so we said we don't need the 2nd pair. How much will it be for just hers. It was $250.00. We asked how could that be? Where is the discount? Where is the savings? Why would getting an extra set of "free" glasses cost $500 but a single pair $250.00???

Bottom line, they doubled the price for the "buy one get one free" promotion and then if you only want one pair, they tell you they will give you the single pair special promotional rate. RIPOFF!! No free pair. No discount! No matter how we looked at it, we were paying for all glasses at the same price.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2013 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Visionworks/Frisco-Texas-/Visionworks-Eyemasters-RIP-OFF-Buy-one-get-one-free-total-scam-Frisco-Texas-1039192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Visionworks

They did you a favor

AUTHOR: Get over it - ()

They probably gave you half off if you only wanted one pair, out of the goodness of the associates heart.

Your total for just one pair SHOULD have been the full retail of 532.00.  It's also possible they were using a single pair sale.

There are many sales going on, and just because one doesn't work for you, doesn't mean another one won't.

Some associate just tried to help you by cutting the cost a little, and this is how you act.  This is why sales associate in most places don't help out people.

definite