Complaint Review: Vista BMW Pompano Beach.

• Submitted: Sat, July 26, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, July 26, 2014

• Reported By: Pedro — Deerfield Beach Florida
Vista BMW Pompano Beach.
744 N Federal Hwy pompano beach, Florida USA

Vista BMW Pompano Beach. Service General Manager, Service Attendant, Secretary. A Complete Engine Sales and Service Ripoff pompano beach Florida

*Author of original report: Thank You Mr Don Woody - Vista BMW Pompano Beach

*UPDATE Employee: Service visit

*UPDATE Employee: Service Visit

*Author of original report: Mr Woody- Vista BMW Pompano Beach Has called me and asked to see the car at the shop

*UPDATE Employee: Service Manager

*Author of original report: I did call several times; I can prove with my phone. I did call and left messages today.

On Thursday,July 17, 2014, I had to tow my 2008 BMW 328 XI to Vista BMW located near my house in Deerfield Beach FL.

The car had an issue with the starter/key slot and would not get started. Once I got there, I explained that I had been experiencing a very bad throtle hesitation on every gear, above 2500 RPM. They told me that they would look into the issues and call me with an estimate. On friday, July 18, around 5pm, they called me and told me that the starter had to be replaced and it would cost me $1200 to fix it, however, they would charge me only a $1000. Before finding out about the hesitating engine; they needed the car running in order to identify the engine problem. I thought that it was a bit odd because as far as I know, there is a computer to diagnose everything in that vehicle. They said I was wrong. I gave the ok for them to fix the key slot. Jennifer called me on monday, July 21, to let me know that in regards to the issue with the gears, my car needed 6 coil replacement and that would cost me $700. [continued below]....

..... I told them that unfortunately, I would not be able to pay for the coil replacement because I am going to college and I have a monthly bill of $1200 in tuition and fees alone, not to mention my other costs such as HOA, food, etc etc. The attendant, Jennifer, told me that I should have them replaced because otherwise the car and engine would develop more issues related to that. I went on to explain that if the car was going to be fixed, and running smoothly after repair, that I would ask my mother to cover that portion of the repair. They assured me that the car would be running in perfect condition, and the warranty would last for 2 years. After an hour, I called them back and told them that I would replace the coils, assuming that the engine would be running the way they promised me. They loved the idea and told me they would call me when the car was ready for pickup. On Tuesday, July 22, Jennifer called me and told me that they had found another issue. The cause of the hesitation in the engine, was not the coils, but an oil leak, leaking onto the coils, and that the leaking not only was the cause of the issue to begin with, if the oil valve was not replaced, the new coils would be damaged in a short while. I asked about the cost of the oil valve and they quoted it at $700. Total amount of the repair would be no less than $2400 altogether. I explained that I had already borrowed the $700 for the coils and that I would not be able to come up with that amount for at least 3 weeks. She went on to explain that, unfortunately, replacing the coils alone, the car would continue to running rough and that it was of utmost importance to replace the oil valve. I asked them to replace the valve instead of the coils because at least, it would prevent me from damaging the brand new coils they replaced telling me that they were the cause of the issue to begin with. I felt betrayed at that moment because I knew it would be a lost cause. I politely asked her to understand my situation, and that in reality, since I'm not a mechanic, that they should have understood the root of the issue before telling me to start replacing anything. It was the element of surprise that left me in a very bad position. What kind of mechanic does that? We bring our vehicles to a dealership, paying much more than a regular shop in order to get the profissionalism that is not present everywhere else. The last time I spoke with her was on Wednesday evening, and I did not confront her because at that time I wanted to speak with the Service manager. Jennifer and I hung up the call and I immediately called Vista BMW to speak with the Service and Repair manager. I wanted to let him know what was happening; I was hopeful that he would understand my position and likely help me. I got his answer machine and left a polite message for him to call me the following day. The following morning, Jennifer called me again, telling me that her manager had asked her to call me and ask what I wanted with him, and that he would be in a meeting  and not available to speak. I explained my frustation, and she told me that she understood where I was coming from. She went on to say that she had tested the car and that it was running much better. On my way from school, I made a stop at Vista BMW in order to pickup the car. Jennifer was not there so I asked to speak with the manager. They told me that the manager was at lunch and would not be back until later. I asked to make two payments using two different cards because I would like to use my mother's card to pay for the $700 coil replacement, however, the secretary did not know how to do it. So I used my card to pay for the whole amount. I drove about a mile away and the car was running just as rough. I pulled up at the supermarket to buy some groceries and then proceed to my house in order to have a quich lunch before going to work. When I got in the car, the car did not start. I tried multiple times until the computer started lighting up the ! sign. I called Vista and spoke with the secretary again, told hger that I needed to speak with the manager. She told me that he was unavailable, on the other line, and that she wanted to help me. She told me to get out of the car, lock it, wait 2 minutes, and try again. In the Florida sun, with my groceries inside the car. I told her that it was a ridiculous suggestion, and that I had just picked up the car from a their dealership and that it had cost me $1700. I asked to send someone to pick me up at publix, she told me that it would be impossible and suggested me to call the tow truck to drop it off again. I explained that I needed to go to work and that they would have to help me sort it all out. I asked for the manager and she try to transfer me to him. The line was dropped at that moment. There was three guys on the parking lot, and they tried to push start my car. That was not succesfull. I waited a bit, and tried again, finally the car started. Jeniffer called me about a half hour later and I told her that I needed some time to swallow what had just happened. I called the manager three more times and he never called me back. I decided to call BMW of America in New Jersey, filled a formal complain, and now I am waiting for an answer. My point is, the car is running just as bad, and I am $1700 short. What do I do now?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2014 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vista-BMW-Pompano-Beach/pompano-beach-Florida-33441/Vista-BMW-Pompano-Beach-Service-General-Manager-Service-Attendant-Secretary-A-Complet-1165188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vista BMW Pompano Beach.

Thank You Mr Don Woody - Vista BMW Pompano Beach

August 1 2014,

I have picked up my 2008 BMW 328 XI, and it is running much better. I would like to make sure that evryone reading this message understands that Mr Don Woody, a gentleman, have helped me solve  my car engine's issues, and have offered me more than I could accept. The car has an issue with the engine that is not worth fixing since it would be very costy comparaded to the street value of my car. Vista BMW offered me a great discount on a new vehicle which unfortunatelly, at this time, I cannot accept because of all the other bills I have mentioned on my previous complains. I would like to offer my sincere appologies and gratitude to all at Vista BMW Pompano Beach, FL, for understanding my situation and offering their undivided attention in solving the issues in my automobile's engine.

Customer Service is what makes a difference in today's market place, and I can only thank Vista BMW for everything they've done. I have promissed to go back to them when the time for me to replace my car comes.

Thank you Jennifer for your understanding; thank you Rachel for your patient; and again, thank you Mr Woody for eveything you've done!

Service visit

AUTHOR: don woody - ()

In a gesture of good faith Vista BMW of Pompano repaired the vehicles oil leaks, and engine performance problem. The customer is picking vehicle up this evening. Customer is aware of other problems with vehicle not related to this repair. I have spoken  to our Sales manager and will offer a signifgant discount towards puchase of another vehicle. The repair costs of the existing other problems may not be cost effective in relation to cost of his vehicle.

Service Visit

AUTHOR: don woody - ()

Mr. Pedro Pioli returned my call is bringing his car back in for further diagnosis, 1:35 pm 7/28/2014. We will attempt to help him out with his ongoing car repairs.

Don Woody

AUTHOR: Pedro N Pioli - ()

I would like to inform that Mr Woody has requested the car back at the shop to evaluate what is happening. I have been fair and would like to notify that the car will be at the shop. I'll keep this site updated. Thank you.

Service Manager

AUTHOR: don woody - ()

This customer has left no messages on my Voice Mail. I heave reached out this morning 9:05 am to address his concerns. I am aware that his car needs alot more work to address his problems. He refused the further estemate we gave for the oil leaks. I am activly trying to contact him.

AUTHOR: Pedro N Pioli - ()

He left a message on my mail box today, his name is Don Woody, to which I replied twice already.

C'mon!