Complaint Review: Vista Print-Shoppingessentials/Business Max

• Submitted: Fri, August 22, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 22, 2008

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Vista Print-Shoppingessentials/Business Max
www.vistaprint.com , Connecticut U.S.A.

Vista Print-Shoppingessentials/ Business Max Unauthorized charges of $14.95 per month on credit card from Shoppingessentials and Business Max for ordering "free" business cards from Vista Print. Norwalk Connecticut

I ordered "free" business cards from Vista Print upon recommendation of a teacher last January, 2008. They ended up costing $10.00, which I paid with a credit card. For the next five months my credit card statement was charged $14.95 twice from Office Max and Shoppingessentials. I wasn't familiar with the companies and thought they were my husband's charges, while he thought that they were mine. Finally I googled the companies to discover that many other people reported the same senario.

I called an 800 telephone number and spoke with a person who sounded very understanding and sympathetic. He was contrite and told me that I must have inadvertantly pressed a button requesting a monthly service, which was refected on my monthly statements. He referred me to his manager.

I remained assertively polite while asking to be refunded the full amount for this "misunderstanding". He bargained with me, but I was resolute that if my requests were not met 100 percent, that this matter would be taken to the legal department of my credit card company for further dispute.

He assured me that my account would promptly be credited for the full amount of the charges. He warned me that I would be billed for the following month, but not to worry. Sure enough, I did get billed on my next report, but I was also credited in full for the past six months.

I asked for his name, a reference number, and an e-mail statement that my account had been officially closed. I also alerted my credit card company of this situation. I felt very relieved that I had been compensated, and learned a valuable lesson.

Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2008 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vista-Print-ShoppingessentialsBusiness-Max/Connecticut/Vista-Print-Shoppingessentials-Business-Max-Unauthorized-charges-of-1495-per-month-on-c-366000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vista Print-Shoppingessentials/Business Max