Complaint Review: VistaPrint.com - BUSINESSMAX

• Updated: Sun, July 20, 2008

• Reported By:Morgantown West Virginia
VistaPrint.com - BUSINESSMAX
vistaprint.com Internet U.S.A.

VistaPrint.com - BUSINESSMAX / TODAYSESCAPES Made unapproved charges to my credit card Internet

I discovered two charges of $14.95 each to my credit card this week. They were made to Businessmax and Todaysescapes, which I had never heard of. I searched Google which led me to reports on RipoffReport.com of similar charges; these were linked to purchases from VistaPrint.com.

Last month my wife found a note in a magazine that you could get free business cards from VistaPrint. We selected cards and ordered them online. They offer about 40 designs and some flexibility in what you put on the cards. However, they also give you many opportunities to pay for something else besides shipping and handling. There must have been a dozen or more, ranging from $2.00 to omit their ad from the back of the cards to surveys and other offers. We carefully avoided checking anything that would invoke a charge, but a few weeks later the charges appeared on the credit card account.

The cards, by the way, were sent as advertised. They are beautiful and well worth the $5.00 or so postage. I dont even mind the frequent ads that they email, but creating credit card charges is just plain nasty.

The credit card company agreed to reverse the charges once I convinced her that I had not signed up for anything and that I had no idea where the charges came from. At first she refused to reverse the charges since she said I must have agreed to something since I knew they had come from VistaPrint. I told her the only way I knew that was from the RipoffReport.com report!

Ken
Morgantown, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2008 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VistaPrintcom-BUSINESSMAX/internet/VistaPrintcom-BUSINESSMAX-TODAYSESCAPES-Made-unapproved-charges-to-my-credit-card-Int-353425. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VistaPrint.com - BUSINESSMAX