Complaint Review: VistaPrints

• Submitted: Wed, September 07, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, September 07, 2011

• Reported By: RippedOff — SA Other Australia

VistaPrints unlawfully took money from my credit card (via PayPal) for a service I do not use, Internet

In April of 2011, I entered a "one month free trial" for web hosting/website with VistaPrints, on the understanding that if, after the one month free trial period, I did not wish to continue with their service, I should NOT pay the first invoice thereafter and the service would be cancelled immediately.

This was patently a lie. I ceased using their services WITHIN THE TRIAL PERIOD and never returned to their site again (because of non-existent customer service when I tried to ask them questions regarding the service).

What's disturbing about businesses such as VistaPrints, is that, despite them offering 'free trial' periods, they demand your credit card details upfront before you can access said 'free trial period', which is their way of claiming they're legally entitled to your money whenever they see fit, whether you're a customer of theirs or not.

To this end, they helped themselves to a payment from my credit card today - SIX MONTHS AFTER I ceased having anything to do with them and, furthermore, WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION.

I have filed a complaint with PayPal, I have also emailed VistaPrints customer service, advising them that I am instigating legal action for illegal taking AUD$32.46 from my credit card today for services I am not using, if they do not return the money immediately.

Naturally, all I received is an automated response....which is so very typical of my past experiences with this incredibly dishonest company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2011 02:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VistaPrints/internet/VistaPrints-unlawfully-took-money-from-my-credit-card-via-PayPal-for-a-service-I-do-not-773759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VistaPrints