Complaint Review: Vita Power ,Guthy Renker Entity

• Submitted: Tue, June 02, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 02, 2009

• Reported By:Plano Texas
Vita Power ,Guthy Renker Entity
P.O. Box 1851, Arden, North Carolina U.S.A.

Vita Power ,Guthy Renker Entity, And Proactiv Free Surprise Gift from Proactive will be a Surprise to Your Credit Card Later! Arden North Carolina

Proactiv (www.proactiv.com) offers a free gift option when you're a new customer to order. You have an option to select the "Limited Time Offer" which includes two free gift, one item that is disclosed and another item that is not disclosed. It is only disclosed as "Surprise Gift." I ordered my Proactiv items and it came with the suprised gift. The suprised gift I received afterwards is Vita Clear. I didn't make much of it as they don't disclose to you when you receive it that you've entered into a contract with Vita Clear. However, a month later, I receive a shipment of VitaClear again without my consent or authorization. I'm charged roughly $30 for the order to my card with no written notice of being charged. I finally contacted Proactiv about this and apparently Vita Clear is a separate entity within the Guthy Renker family (Proactiv is within the Guthy Renker family).

First of all, it is fradulent when I make an order to one company, then for Proactiv to offer my personal credit card information to another company, Vita Clear. Even though it's within the same Guthy Renker family, I never authorized this nor does any other customer. I called 888 number they provide to cancel the order and the customer service lady tells me that "they have nothing to do with Proactiv."

While Proactiv is a solid product, I think it's very fradulent for them to provide my personal information to another company without my consent. So, for those customers who are going to order, go to a local Proactiv kiosk directly if you want the product without accepting the free gift. The free gift is not worth the headache later. Also, if you go to the website, you can order the products individually, just don't accept the trial items.

Plano, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2009 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vita-Power-Guthy-Renker-Entity/Arden-North-Carolina-28704/Vita-Power-Guthy-Renker-Entity-And-Proactiv-Free-Surprise-Gift-from-Proactive-will-be-a-457685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vita Power ,Guthy Renker Entity