Complaint Review: Vitacost, Vitacost.com

• Submitted: Tue, June 17, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 17, 2008

• Reported By:Suzhou Other
Vitacost, Vitacost.com
130 Lexington Parkway Lexington, North Carolina U.S.A.

Vitacost, Vitacost.com Sent products but I never received them - Poor customer service Lexington North Carolina

In April 2008, I ordered a small amount of supplements from this company. I live abroad and paid a HIGH shipping fee for UPS delivery. However, the package arrived 3 days later no problem.

Once I decided to reorder, I expected the same prompt delivery and I placed a much higher valued order. That order was never processed. I didn't get an email stating why, just sat there on my account page.

I figured out through trial and error that any value over $50.00 gets custom fees charged upon delivery, so I made two smaller orders (and paid shipping fees of over $40.00 for each). Those were rushed right through but were stalled at customs over content . . . suspicions? Didn't seem to matter that I ordered the exact same items a month prior.

I contacted Vitacost with my situation and they seemed less than interested. "Not our problem" was essentially the response. They didn't contact UPS, didn't offer me a refund, didn't offer a credit, didn't offer to replace the items (by sending to a stateside friend) - - just didn't seem to care at all. I've yet to receive the items and am getting the runaround by Chinese UPS (no big surprise there). Yes, custom regulations may not be their problem, but surely they understand if they can help me solve these problems, they would retain a possible long-term buyer?

What happened to decent customer service and what happened to companies wanting repeat and satisfied customers? I won't be ordering from this company again!

Kevin
Suzhou
China, People's Republic of

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/17/2008 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vitacost-Vitacostcom/Lexington-North-Carolina-27295/Vitacost-Vitacostcom-Sent-products-but-I-never-received-them-Poor-customer-service-Lex-341257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vitacost, Vitacost.com