Complaint Review: Vitacost

• Submitted: Tue, June 07, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 17, 2011

• Reported By: Larry — Burlington Kentucky United States of America
Vitacost
130 Lexington Parkway Lexington, NC 27295 Parkway Lexington, North Carolina United States of America

Vitacost CHARGED ME FOR PRODUCTS THEY KNEW THEY DID NOT HAVE ON STOCK!!!! Parkway Lexington, North Carolina

*UPDATE Employee: Hello from customer service

They show products that are not on Stock as being available to order. I was looking for sea buckthorn oils. The Vitacost site shows it being in stock when I click on the Sea buckthorn products to be put in my online shopping cart it still says product in stock soon as I pay for it says OUT OF STOCK IN BACK ORDER. When I talk to the Customer Service about getting my money back they give me the run around. VITACOST IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2011 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vitacost/Parkway-Lexington-North-Carolina-27295/Vitacost-CHARGED-ME-FOR-PRODUCTS-THEY-KNEW-THEY-DID-NOT-HAVE-ON-STOCK-Parkway-Lexingt-737834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vitacost

Hello from customer service

AUTHOR: Vitacost - (USA)

I came across this review and wanted to contact you about the issue. I would like to know the order number and which item showed in stock at the time of your purchase. Our inventory system is based on what is in stock between 2 warehouse. If one of the warehouses was out of stock, it should switch over to the other. If you were given an incorrect message then we need to know about it so it can be corrected. Our deepest apologies for any inconvenience and it is no way intended to trick you into purchasing from our online store. Please reply here with an order number so I may contact you through email further. Have a great day.