Complaint Review: Vitacost.com

• Updated: Tue, November 06, 2012

• Reported By: Carbon — North York Ontario Canada
Vitacost.com
130 Lexington Parkway Lexington, North Carolina United States of America

Vitacost.com Ripoff masters; took full money for unsent order; dodgey PR. Lexington, North Carolina

I placed an order with Vitacost about 45 days ago. I never received it but on the day I ordered, my credit card was charged for the sale. Then I made an enquiry about 3 weeks later and was told that I had to give the shipment 30 days. So I contacted Vitacost again after 45 days and I began a series of emails that seemingly had someone brain dead reading them. I was told they could not provide 2 bottles of an item. I reminded them they charged me for the item knowing they could not provide the item.

No reply to that point at all. No direct answers to my questions about how they could charge for something they could not send. Finally I was told "if" they get the package back, then I get 20% less any shipping charges. In my case it would come to about $0, or nothing.  They provide no proof that they ever shipped the package. I think they know full well they are crooks by the way they slide around trying to evade giving this straight answer: Sucker, you lose! We win. We got your money for nothing.

I sincerely hope someone moves to put vitacost out of business

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2012 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vitacostcom/Lexington-North-Carolina-27295/Vitacostcom-Ripoff-masters-took-full-money-for-unsent-order-dodgey-PR-Lexington-Nor-965363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vitacost.com