Complaint Review: VitalChek

• Submitted: Thu, March 29, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Daverad1 — Dacula Georgia U.S.A.
VitalChek
San Francisco, California United States of America

VitalChek , vitalchek.com - Didn't Deliver Birth Cirtificate Avoid Them - San Francisco, California

*Consumer Comment: I can relate...

*Author of original report: Did recieve a refund in full.

My Wife and I needed to get our passports for an upcoming trip and we used VitalChek to expedite my wife's birth certificate from Torrington, CT.  After waiting a few weeks I contacted City of Torrington directly and was told that many of these Internet based services are just a ripoff.  They were very helpful and in a few days I received the proper birth certificate.  To date I still have not received the certificate from VitalChek even though it was twice the cost.  I am now not getting any responses from them.  I guess they just took our money.  Please, avoid this group (VitalChek)  if possible and go direct with the township that you were born to get your certificate.  It is also interesting that they are all over the various complaint sites.  They should be ashamed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2012 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VitalChek/San-Francisco-California-/VitalChek-vitalchekcom-Didnt-Deliver-Birth-Cirtificate-Avoid-Them-San-Francisco-861151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VitalChek

I can relate...

AUTHOR: Kelly - (United States of America)

I went through almost the same situation as yours so I completely understand your frustration with your situation & with this company. As for my situation, it just irks me to the core that it shouldn't take five months just to obtain a copy of a birth certificate & that this company giving the runaround saying that it got sent out & should receive it by this & this time & whatever excuse they throw out at me. It's ridiculous & something had to give so I am fortunate that I am not the only one who also feels as if I am ripped off. I am taking your advice & actually going out to the county records office in person to take care of this & I agree with you 100% that they should be ashamed as I think it is utterly wrong to rob others when you're trying to get a certified copy of a document. I don't know how people can operate like that & sleep at night, it's just morally degrading!! I am also letting others know not to go through this group to avoid getting ripped off.

Did recieve a refund in full.

AUTHOR: Daverad1 - (U.S.A.)

I did recieve a refund in full from the company.