Complaint Review: Vitality Center

• Updated: Mon, October 17, 2011

• Reported By: holly — elko Nevada United States of America
Vitality Center
3740 East Idaho Street Elko, Nevada United States of America

Vitality Center Dorothy North Fired Refuse To Pay Unused Vacation And Sick Time Hours Elko, Nevada

After 3 years of employment with Vitality Center I was let go for calling in sick. I missed only 3 days in 3 years and still had 30 unused sick hours and 112.65 unused vacation hours for the year 2011.

I was called the day after I called in sick by the human resource manager telling me that I was on administrative leaveuntil the following thursday when my direct manager would call me and let me know what time to be to work on friday so she could go over my job duties with me due to the fact that I was in a new position.

I was not called on thursday so I called the human resource manager on friday morning and asked why I was never contacted by my direct supervisor the following night. The human resource manager then let me know that I was being let go. I asked why and she told me that she didn't even know why, but that was my supervisors desicion.

I was given my final check which I was only paid for one week even though I was paid salary. I called my direct supervisor and even tried texting her asking if they would pay me for my unused sick and vacation time. I never received a call back and was never paid for those hours.

I was awarded unemployment benefits. Vitality Center tried to appeal it and they lost a second time. Nevada unemployment also seen that they were in the wrong for what they did to me. I feel that I should also be paid wages for the week that they led me on and made me stay at home on administrative leave. They could have fired me the day I called in sick and then I could have immediatley went out to seek work the following day, but instead they made me believe that I still had my job and I was just waiting for my supervisor to get back into town.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 12:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vitality-Center/Elko-Nevada-89801/Vitality-Center-Dorothy-North-Fired-Refuse-To-Pay-Unused-Vacation-And-Sick-Time-Hours-Elko-789573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vitality Center