Complaint Review: Vitasalux - Equinox Products

• Submitted: Tue, September 26, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, March 07, 2014

• Reported By:King George Virginia
Vitasalux - Equinox Products
www.equinox-products.com Troy, Michigan U.S.A.

Vitasalux - Equinox Products DOES NOT honor their advertised guarantee ripoff Troy Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Water filtration thoughts

*Consumer Comment: I was also ripped off by this company: Vitasalus/Equinox

*Author of original report: Threatening and Accusatory Email from Vitasalus

My husband and I recently purchased the EQ300, an in-home water filtration system, from Vitasalus/Equinox Products, a company whose website promises complete satisfaction or your money back for up to 6 months.

The website even goes so far as to claim they will send you the return labels to offset shipping costs if returning the product should become necessary!

We selected the EQ300 due to the description the company provided on its website about the system's capabilities. Our well water, which we had tested, contains sediment, odor and iron; only some of the impurities the company claimed would be removed by the EQ300.

The system DOES NOT work. After two months, when we tried to get the company to send us the return labels so we could ship the product back for a full refund, not only were we treated rudely and unprofessionally, but we were told it was OUR FAULT that the system did not purify our water. The company REFUSES to return our money and claims that the system failed because we bought the wrong one. If we bought the wrong one, why can't we return it? We are definitely not satisfied!

Their purchase invoice says "Thank you for your order! God Bless!!" I guess they know when they ship it to you the product will only work by the grace of God because we are now out $725 dollars and we still have the same horrible water we had to begin with.

We are also out $250 in plumber's fees for installation since the company claimed the product's warranty would be
void if we didn't have it professionally installed.
DO NOT trust these people!

Lorraine
King George, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2006 05:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vitasalux-Equinox-Products/Troy-Michigan/Vitasalux-Equinox-Products-DOES-NOT-honor-their-advertised-guarantee-ripoff-Troy-Michiga-212748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vitasalux - Equinox Products

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Water filtration thoughts

AUTHOR: Wehms - ()

These systems are great for filtering the odors out of City water, I.e., chlorine and such. On a well system, particularly with a strong sulphur smell, it will maybe if you're lucky filter out 10% of the problem. If you add a water softener it will also help a bit more. Other than those thoughts, I have used these Equinox filters and swear by them. But I do recognize that no system can totally eliminate a strong sulphur smell that I am aware of(?) Maybe somebody knows of one?

I was also ripped off by this company: Vitasalus/Equinox

AUTHOR: Homeowner And Consumer Awareness - (U.S.A.)

I am a homeowner who was also bamboozled into buying a very expensive whole house system from this company. The system does NOT work and Equinox only blames the "water supply" that I have for their useless water filters not working.

I have had two independent water testing companies confirm that I got nothing out of buying and installing these filters.

Total rip off. Do not do business with this horrible company.

Threatening and Accusatory Email from Vitasalus

AUTHOR: Lorraine - (U.S.A.)

My name is Lorraine Moore and I submitted a complaint against Vitasalus/Equinox Products earlier this week at this site and several others, regarding their refusal to honor their 100% satisfaction guarantee of a full refund within 6 months. When I emailed the company with a list of those sites at which I had lodged complaints, I received a threatening, accusatory email in response. Below is a portion of it. The VP of the company refers to my "barrage of emails"(an extreme exaggeration) as fake but then claims that I am defaming their company by demanding a refund for a product they themselves have guaranteed. I was hoping to somehow attach it to my original complaint so that people can see the way Vitasalus does business:

"If you persist in barraging us with fake e-mails (which have all been >documented) and causing our company any further harm, we will ask our attorney(s) to take all necessary legal action against you and Mr. Moore.
We will file for injunctive relief against any further actions that cause damage and defamation and we will take you to federal court which is $25,000 in legal fees minimum. WE WILL SEEK DAMAGES FOR YOUR DEFAMATION OF OUR COMPANY."

Sincerely, Robert Cloutier, VP