Complaint Review: Vivid Seats

• Submitted: Thu, July 12, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: J. McLaughlin — Spring hill Florida United States of America
Vivid Seats

Vivid Seats Vividseats.com Extremely Disapointed with VividSeats! Buy elsewhere! Internet

*Consumer Comment: reply to vividseats coomplaint

*Consumer Comment: tickets to mlb game-rays @ yankees

*Author of original report: I was wrong! Vividseats really does care.

I bought tickets using Vividseats.com for a MLB game-Rays @ Yankees. I am a huge fan of MLB and have been to many Rays games in Tampa and thought it would be great to take my husband to a game in New York for his birthday.

I recieved this package from FedEx today and much to my surprise I found two folded up sheets of computer paper with barcodes printed on them. I can't understand why the tickets weren't just emailed to me or why I wasn't made aware that I was paying a shipping fee of $14.95 and waiting for delivery of something I could have printed in seconds. I had also had the package mailed to my mothers house over an hour away to secure that my husband wouldn't be the first to find his birthday surprise. I really feel that vivid seats has wasted my time and money but that isn't my biggest concern. I don't know how Vividseats can know for certain that copies were not made of the tickets by the seller. How do I know that after I book a flight and hotel in new York that I won't arrive to the game with someone in my seats or refused entry. I would feel much better if I had hard tickets in my hand.

As I explained my concern about double sold tickets to the customer service representative at Vividseats over the phone he told me there was nothing he could do and said that "As it sometimes happens, it hasn't happened with this seller in the 6 months I've worked here". I was shocked and asked again if there was anything they could do and he said "not at this time". I asked if I could be mailed actual hard tickets and he said no. I asked if I could get a refund or if there was anything at all they could do and he said no.

My worst fear is getting to the game and being refused entry. Think about this for a minute. If I took the tickets that I received today and made a copy of them myself and gave them away, who would they let in at the gate? The first ones to arrive most likely. If it wasn't me I could call Vividseats and say I was refused entry and they would refund my tickets? Seems like a pretty good deal. Couldn't anyone do that? That's why I find it hard to believe that they would actually refund that money. All I want to know is what is stopping the seller from selling the same tickets to multiple people on different sites?

I want my husbands birthday to be special and these "tickets" sound like they could ruin the whole trip and the only reassurance I got was "as it sometimes happens, it hasn't happened with this seller in the 6 months I've worked here". That's not exactly what I want to hear. I plan to try again and buy real hard tickets to the game on ticketmaster.com or stubhub.com to assure that his birthday won't be ruined. I will be throwing $390 down the drain but you only get one 40th birthday.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivid-Seats/internet/Vivid-Seats-Vividseatscom-Extremely-Disapointed-with-VividSeats-Buy-elsewhere-Internet-911262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivid Seats

reply to vividseats coomplaint

AUTHOR: fedup - ()

were you able to use the "barcoded" paper to get into the Ynakees game?  I have already ordered vividseats tickets and after paying $444 for 6 seats to 3 spring training games including hefty fees they tell me it is gonna take 7 weeks to ship to me...1 day before I leave for Florida to 3 days after!!!!!!  They also are not emailing them to me.  I am so disgusted.

tickets to mlb game-rays @ yankees

AUTHOR: anonymous - (Canada)

just wondering if your tickets ended up being ligitimate and you got into the event and in the right seats as i just purchased tickets to see paul mccartney and also wasn't given the original tickets but will receive them through email and will need to print them off. My concern as well was what keeps the original owner of the tickets from copying more and selling them.

I was wrong! Vividseats really does care.

AUTHOR: J. McLaughlin - (United States of America)

I realized last night after writing this that Vividseats had been trying to get back in touch with me all evening. I returned their call today and spoke with a different representative. He made it clear that he wanted to gain my trust and I could tell he felt very sympathetic to me being upset. He understood my concerns and stayed on the phone with me until I was completely satisfied. He showed me that they really do care.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC