Complaint Review: Vivid Seats.com

• Submitted: Mon, October 17, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, October 19, 2011

• Reported By: Micha — chicago Illinois United States of America
Vivid Seats.com

Vivid Seats.com I purchased 2 tickets from Vivid Seats.com for concerts, I was over charged by 40% for no reason. I checked the seats price after I already bought the tickets at Ticket master; they were cheaper by 40 chicagoet, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Vivid Seats Clarifies Inaccurate Statements

*Consumer Comment: There is a reason

I purchased 2 tickets from Vivid Seats.com for concerts, I was over charged by 40% for no reason. I checked the seats price after I already bought the tickets at Ticket master; they were cheaper by 40 %( for the same seats). Also the concert was canceled, they never notified me. When I called them, they replay was sorry no refund. After more research I found out that if I would have bought the tickets though Tickets Master they would have refunded the ticks.
My advice to you to NEVER USE VIVID SEATS.COM.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2011 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivid-Seatscom/internet/Vivid-Seatscom-I-purchased-2-tickets-from-Vivid-Seatscom-for-concerts-I-was-over-char-789670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivid Seats.com

Vivid Seats Clarifies Inaccurate Statements

AUTHOR: vividseats - (USA)

Although we are saddened to hear of this reviewer's dissatisfaction, we would like to clarify some inaccuracies. The reviewer has stated that there was an overcharge for the tickets in question. That is incorrect: the reviewer was charged precisely what was agreed upon at the time of the purchase. Vivid Seats in no way hides any fees, and every customer must agree to the total charge before an order can be processed. What this reviewer is referencing is that the face value is less than the price that was paid on our site. Although we understand that some consumers are not aware that we are a ticket broker, every consumer must click a box before finalizing their purchase that explicitly states "I agree to the Vividseats.com sales terms and conditions and am aware that I may be paying above face value for my tickets." This final disclaimer is a measure that we have instituted precisely to ensure no customer ever feels misled.

In addition to the initial complaint, the reviewer has also stated that Vivid Seats would not refund an order despite the fact that Ticketmaster is offering refunds for a postponed event. The reason that no refunds can be offered is because the event is rescheduled (not cancelled), and therefore the tickets are valid for the new date. Ticketmaster does sometimes offer its customers refunds for postponed events, but because we deal with resellers on the secondary market, refunds are not always available to be forwarded to our customers. The cancellation policy is stated in the sales terms and conditions that every customer agrees to before completing a purchase (http://www.vividseats.com/terms.html).

If this reviewer would like to contact us directly to further the basis of the complaint, we would welcome an opportunity to continue this discourse and come to an amicable resolution.

There is a reason

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I was over charged by 40% for no reason.
Wrong, there were reasons.  You bought the tickets from a reseller and didn't check Ticketmaster first.  They offered tickets at a certain price and you accepted that price.

In looking at their site they do state that the tickets may be higher than face value, they also say they will refund the tickets if the event is canceled with no rescheduled date.  So if they won't refund it and there is not a new date that is the only complaint you may have.