Complaint Review: Vivid seats

• Updated: Fri, May 11, 2012

• Reported By: Sue — Eagle Colorado United States of America
Vivid seats

Vivid seats paid 40% than we should have Internet

*Author of original report: resolved

*Consumer Comment: Does not matter

We purchased 6 tickets for the Mana concert at the Pepsi Center in Denver, May 1, 2012, from Vivid seats not knowing that there were still tickets available from ticket horse. The face value on the seats was $79 and we were charged $146 each. When we got to the concert, our whole section was empty and I am sure we could have bought the tickets at the ticket window for face value. I talked to two service reps (Kevin B and his supervisor, Matthew Baker) on internet chat and explained our frustration.

They explained that I checked a box that said "I am aware that I may be paying above face value for my tickets", that the price was set by their "pre screened resellers" and that they have "no control" over those prices. Kevin also said that "since it is a live market, prices are subject to the supply and demand of the tickets". And that "we provide a marketplace where customers can purchase tickets when they become unavailable on the primary market".

Matthew Baker confirmed this information by saying that "ultimately the price the tickets were listed by the seller" and that vivid seats does not make any profit from the price of the ticket, only from the service fees (which were $30/ticket). He offered to credit us half of the service fees ($86).

I feel that this information could be untrue and so am going to be asking Mr. Baker for proof of the resale of these tickets, as in...who bought them from Ticket Horse at the Pepsi Center, and how much they were asking for the tickets. Due to the number of seats that they had listed at the same price in similar sections, and the fact that much of the arena was empty for this event, we have suspicions as to their business practices. How do we know that vivid seats doesn't list any seat they want for almost double the face value, and then buy them from the venue?

I will let ripoff report know what transpires.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2012 05:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivid-seats/internet/Vivid-seats-paid-40-than-we-should-have-Internet-879505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivid seats

resolved

AUTHOR: Sue - (United States of America)

As the consumer said, I should have done more homework and realized that I could have bought them at face value from the venue.  The tickets were available on the primary market even though I did not see that.  Matthew Baker provided the information I asked for and was very communicative and responsive to my frustration.  I accepted the $86, but probably won't use Vivid Seats again.

Does not matter

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- Doesn't matter how much they paid or where they got them from, as long as it was through legal means.  Where by "legal" I mean they didn't do something like holding up a person leaving the box office.

They posted a price on their web site, you agreed to not only the price but the terms.  They could sell them for $10,000 a piece if they wanted to.  You probably should accept their offer to credit you a certain amount because that is probably all you are going to get.

Well if you learned anything from this it is a couple of things.  Before you check any boxes saying you read the terms perhaps you actually should.  Perhaps before you buy tickets from a secondary source, you should verify that tickets are no longer available from the venue.