Complaint Review: Vivint | Ripoff Report Verified Safe

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: Msthing — Pensacola Florida United States of America
Vivint | Ripoff Report Verified Safe
4931 N 300 W Provo, Utah United States of America

Vivint REVIEW: Committed to customer satisfaction, Vivint protects customers throughout the United states, and Canada. Security and customer satisfaction are Vivints number one concern in the security and home automation industry. Provo Utah
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service - Vivint pledges to always resolve any issues, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Vivint.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bad Batteries, Inoperable Camera/Wifi

*UPDATE Employee: Helpful info

Ripoff Report Verified REVIEW:

EDitors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Vivint for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports discussions with the company have uncovered an ongoing commitment to total customer satisfaction. You can expect to have any questions or concerns that you have with them to be answered and resolved in a timely manner, if any. They have shown us their customer service process, and it reflects a desire to serve customers, as well as fix problems.

The company's management specifically told us about how their job is to simplify lives and help people to live intelligently. The management really wants every person who buys a system to feel valued. The concern for each customer's experience starts at the top, and is reflected in the action of every employee they hire.
Vivint is Ripoff Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program.A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Ian Bell and Tim Izatt during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company and with Ripoff Report with no biases toward Vivint.

Vivint is a full service residential home security company covering the US and Canada. Their sales process will start in a few different ways depending on where the initial lead comes from. When it comes to inside sales, the process starts when the company searches a region that might be interested in their services. The company sends their sales representatives to those regions to knock on doors to discover prospective clients. The company then has local technicians service the client if they are interested in doing business with them. Vivint also offers their clients customer support during this process and can even have a representative meet with them in person to answer questions and make sure that their clients are receiving the full benefit of their services.

Follow up is something that Vivint focuses on to ensure their clients are receiving proper customer service. When concerns arise depending on the level of severity, the company states that they standardly respond within 24 - 48 hours. Some issues do arise that take longer to settle and the company works to solve them within 72 hours. Vivints process for monitoring issues that arise on social media sites it to settle the concern within 20 minutes of it being posted.

The company also works to monitor their sales and customer support calls to see how they can be improved. They use these calls as examples for employees in training. Currently, Vivint is working to make changes to their contracts to make things easier for their customers as they have found that many of their complaints stem from feeling misled or customers paid fees they did not feel they authorized.

Vivint has found that the number one reason complaints do arise is because of the way the sales process is conducted. A sales representative knocks on the prospective clients door. The representatives are clean-cut, upright young men with hats, who are salesmen, and discuss why someone may need this product. Ian Bell from Vivint states that, We train our employees not to lie; we dont want to lie to the customers. Also, on top of the training we also have our phone calls to the customers to remedy concerns. However, there is pressure with a door to door to sales. Some people dont like the fact that someone knocked on their door, which I understand. People will be eating dinner and then someone will knock on the door, it can be annoying. We are aware that it isnt always comfortable. There always are complaints when you do door to door sales.

Statements from the owner.

"We are committed to making homes safe for families. With advanced early detection systems, many home fires are preventable and can be stopped in the beginning stages, saving lives. We have a plan for every family and every budget, and whether you choose our most basic or expanded services, you can be sure of our top quality technology and expert customer support.

This sales process continues because of the amount of people the company has discovered who respond positively. The fact that it is working the company feels they should keep the same processes. Vivint feels they minimize the number of misunderstandings that people have through their contracts. The company provides the phone calls to discuss contract length, price, renewal terms, cancellation window, and the warranty to provide clarification of terms. The client goes through an automated process to make sure that they know all that they are agreeing to and the people say, Yes to all the terms. If the client says No or that they werent aware of something, then they are brought back to the phone salesman who helps to clear up the terms. When it comes to clarity, the company feels they rarely have issues where a person doesnt know what they are agreeing to. They state that they go over all the contract terms with them and give a hard copy of the contract to them.

The company feels that the contract terms for the auto renewal after a year causes many complaints. If the client does not do their cancellation after the 30 days prior their instillation it can auto renew, which is in the contract. The company is in the process of modifying terms so that the transition is better. The contract has been their biggest detractor from their National Promoter Scores (NPS), but they have found that their other scores we are astronomically high. In that situation with the terms in dealing with clients, the company states they will do everything they can to help them but they are still working to remedy the problem, as they are committed to total customer satisfaction always making improvements to their products and services.

THE COMPANY MAY COMPENSATE AND GIVE DISCOUNT.. . Sometimes customers call with various complaints and the company states that they do their best we can to resolve them. The company has found they are able to fix 92.13% of problems over the phone. If they cant solve the issue over the phone, they send a technician to fix the problem. Depending on where they are in the lifecycle of their services the company may compensate them or give them a discount. If the issue is in the first 90 days then all the services are free. One example is that whenever Vivint receive a complaint from NPS they call the customer. Then, they work to try to resolve the complaints that the customer may have with the company and the company feels that sets them apart from others in their industry.

The company states that the biggest changes are going to come internally because of feedback they get from the customers in general. They state that whenever they hear of any problem they follow up and do what they can to help the customer. Then, they assess over time the different problems that have been raised and then implement measures to help them not to arise again. Ripoff Report has been helpful in helping them to know some of the problems because they feel it is hard to know how to help that person, but they do their best to find ways to help every customer who may have a complaint.

GOING BEYOND THE CALL OF GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. An extreme example of their customer service is when there was a lady who had an alarm system in her home. She was signed up for a 60-month contract. When she was half way through her contract, she killed herself and her son. A family member was still getting the bills and called in two months later asking about them. When the company found out their situation they cancelled her account, which they feel was the right thing to do. Tim Izatt from Vivianr stated, We went above and beyond to help them. We sent flowers to the funeral and we compensated them financially.

Another example of their customer service would be with a client who was really struggling financially. She had gone to relatives and church not feeling comfortable to ask for money and didnt know what to do. The company paid for one month of her payments so that she could have light in her house for her kids. Furthermore, Mr. Izatt stated, That isnt always the case. We do what we can to stick to the contract and make sure that people understand the terms. They have an automated system that helps people to understand the contract. We try not to be jerks and help people wherever we can.

A common thing that the company has happen is when clients are outside of the 90 day free window. They call and say that there is a problem for something that normally happens within the first 90 days. If that happens, they let their reps make a decision about what to do. The company states that they would rather have their reps over take care of people and come back and get slapped on their hands then to not take care of the customer. Furthermore, the company has had a lot of auditing to make sure people arent abusing the system.

Tim Izatt states, That is why I like to work here. We take care of people outside of self. I know you havent been here but if you had you would find that we like to take care of others and protect people. It is called servant leadership. To say you are a servant leader is to take away from it. But, we try to serve others more than self. That is why I work here. I came from eBay and really enjoy working here.

Vivint feels that they are taking steps to doing whatever it takes to make the client happy by taking every reasonable means to fix problems. Sometimes they come across an unreasonable person and cannot accommodate them. However, Ian Bell states, We want to fix whatever problem there is, especially if it is our fault. Whether it is credit, cancellation, or things like that. We encourage our employees to be compassionate and aware. We tell them that we want to be personable. I interact with people who are online. One thing I always tell them is that we want to be real. We want to sound like a real person. We dont want to be robots. That is our number one thing, to be real and compassionate.

The company has used Ripoff Report as a tool to solve customer service related problems. They are willing to make appropriate changes as they go, including expanding their customer service department. The company states they do go on Ripoff Report and review complaints because they feel the customers voice can improve their day to day practices. Many customers dont bother contacting the company and just make complaints, a common problem says, ED Magedson Founder of Ripoff Report.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM THE COMPANY.

We have simplified our customer service process to decrease the amount of time that a customer has to wait before speaking with a representative. Our customer service will look at your contract, listen to recorded phone calls, and make sure to get to the bottom of your issue to resolve things THE RIGHT WAY. At Vivint we want customer's to have a positive experience, and we understand that sometimes customer's fall on hard times. We're willing to work with all of our customers. Their experience and safety are our primary concerns.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Ripoff Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, its a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer .. Ripoff Report is proud to state, that Vivint not only took care of their customers that contacted Ripoff Report back but, they went beyond the call of good customer service with comments. Many customers had already been taken care of. Customers even expressed to Ripoff Report they were sorry they even filed a Ripoff Report about them.

Check out their Solar testimonials (Vivint solar offering):

http://youtu.be/XX-tVOYJ9i8 http://youtu.be/Br85-AYpTAo http://youtu.be/XX-tVOYJ9i8

Check out Vivints Security/ home automation offering: .

http://youtu.be/dBRFRAdhOg8 http://youtu.be/lWthjOdAsss http://youtu.be/loc6LCFRJ3Y http://youtu.be/OHu-eLC4ovU

More at http://www.youtube.com/vivinthome

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

------------------------------------- VIVINT  LOW BATTERY ISSUES AND PAYMENT Provo, Utah

In June a door saleman came to my house explaining to me who great Vivint is and knowing I've been broke into several times within the year.  Ever since they left I have been receiving up to 5 calls a day staying I have a low battery!!  Then I get a letter stating that the Bank has reject the payment they tried to pull and need to verify my billing infromation, but on 27Jun12 they didn't seem to have a problem with taking out $152.74.  I am so unhappy with their customer service and the company all together I just want out of my contract and don't feel comfortable calling them and again giving me my billing information!?!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint-Ripoff-Report-Verified-Safe/Provo-Utah-84604/Vivint-REVIEW-Committed-to-customer-satisfaction-Vivint-protects-customers-throughout-th-923552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint | Ripoff Report Verified Safe

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bad Batteries, Inoperable Camera/Wifi

AUTHOR: bc jason - (United States of America)

I just want to respond to the Vivinit rep that responed to this. My batteries stopped working without any warning and my home was unprotected for several hours. I have the automatic door lock, when I returned home the door was not locked and the system was not even set. I no longer uses that feature even though I am paying nearly 70 bucks monthly for the whole package. When I contacted Vivinit, the rep told me that I could go and buy the batteries myself and they credited $10 to my account. I had to leave home in the middle of the night so I could have protection from buying the batteries myself.

I have learned from that incident and just the other day I called because the Security Camera stopped working. The Vivnit rep. told me that a tech could come out free of charge for the warranty on the part but asked me to pay $49.99 for gas for tech. I had second thoughts at first about this not being a local company (Provo Utah). Even in the warranity period you have to wait until a tech come in the area for other calls b4 you get service.  This is defintely a ripoff.

I pay all of this money to a company every month and I have to pay addditional large sums of money for a warranty service call! Rip Off!. I can't wait to get out of this contract, Have bearly had the service 6 months and have had all tpyes of issues! When you call just for tech support, they are trying to suck more money out of you. I couldn't hardly get my issue resolved without them trying to ask me about money for referrals. No! I will not refer anybody, known or unknown to this Rip off company! I am not using the automatic lock and disconnected the camera that I am stuck with. I refuse to pay $50 for a trip charge.  I will be calling Comcast first thing monday morning about their servce that I will get when I get from under these Crooks. Stay away from Vivinit..

Helpful info

AUTHOR: vivint.tech - (United States of America)

installations are warrantied for 120 days. If you are within that time frame a technician comes out for free and replaces all the batteries. If you don't want to wait for the tech you can buy new batteries at most major shopping centers/ hardware stores. They are not quite as common as AA batteries but they are out there.

As far as the bank issues go upwards of 75% of all vivint customers are setup up on auto-payments from a checking account. You would need to check your bank records for that day to see if the funds were available and that the bank did not block the transaction for some reason (usually only due to lack of funds or at your request).

Vivint's policy is not to keep attempting transactions on the same account but to request new payment information (like when your credit/debit card expires). Remember, just because the bill is not being paid does not mean that the monthly balance is not still accruing...get on top of your payments to avoid potential collection/credit issues in the future.

Good Luck