Complaint Review: Vivint

• Reported By: M. King — Calera Alabama United States of America
Vivint
Internet, Alabama United States of America

Vivant Home Security  Scam Internet, Alabama

My wife & I purchased a new home. We were at the home preparing for our upcoming move and a representative of Vivant security stopped by and asked to talk. I heard him out and was somewhat interested in the product.

He stated that all of the equipment was free, the services I had chosen would be 57.99/month and there would be a $99 activation fee. I agreed. He said because Vivant was providing the equipment free, they needed to run a credit check - all we need is yur Birthday & name. I agreed indicating that I had a strong credit guard on my file.

He made a phone call. They reported a block. They said they needed to speak with me. When they spoke with me, they indicated that they needed me to remove the block.

I responded that any reputable company would have provisions to protect my SECURITY. They came back with the only way for me to get their services was to remove the block. I smiled and told them that any security firm that would expect me to lwer my security as a condition of doing business with them was a security company that I had no interest in.

They left the application, no business card and promised to call back later that afternoon.

I have heard nothing from them since.

BUYER BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2012 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint/Internet-Alabama-35040/Vivant-Home-Securitynbsp-Scam-Internet-Alabamanbspnbsp-915659. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint