Complaint Review: Vivint

• Updated: Tue, January 12, 2016

• Reported By: Rocha — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America
Vivint
4931 N 300 W, Provo, UT 84604 Knoxville, Tennessee United States of America

Vivint APEX Told Vivant my alarm wasn't working, they didn't believe me, got robbed, now they say my contract renewed for another year. Knoxville, Tennessee

I entered my contract, a 39 month agreement, with the company under their old name "APEX Alarm" in May 2009. Around February 2012 I received a call when I was out shopping of them notifying me that my alarm was going off. It was a false alarm of my hallway sensor. The alarm was disarmed over the phone; less than 5 minutes later I received another call stating at the same hallway sensor had triggered yet another alarm. I came home and armed it. The same sensor went off with every living being shut up in a bedroom, without sensors. I got another call when I was sitting in my driveway that the same hallway sensor was showing movement. I went back inside and turned it off and complained to the company that my system was broken and showing false alarms in the hallway sensor. Vivant told me that it was most likely some kind of sensitivity/they were unsure of what was triggering it. They basically denied that my sensor was broken, and suggested I change the battery. I changed the battery and it kept happening. I called back and complained that the hallway sensor was definitely broken. They again denied it.

After not being able to set my alarm for months, and months of false alarms and numerous complaints, I was unable to set my alarm system due to all the false hallway alarm calls. I was unable to use the system for months. In that time span my house was robbed, which I'm currently going to court for, for over $3,000. I called Vivant and advised them that my house had been robbed because I was unable to use my alarm that was broken and would they please believe me now. They sent a technician out who removed my FAULTY hallway sensor and another sensor in my living room and put sensors on all my windows that would register I'd they were opened. In the midst of all this I called the company three times to try to get out of my contract, in May 2012 they said it was up in August. In July they said it was up in December. They just called me in December since my credit card expired and said they renewed my contract for another year stating that if I do not give them another credit card they'll charge me an 'early termination fee'. Really? All I want it for them to stop my service, without fees, like I've asked them to do three times. I've asked previous reps to please note on my file when my contract was expiring and to call me and let me know whatever they needed for me to stop this. I received NO notice that they were entering me into another contract nor did I get any call confirming my contract was up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2012 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint/Knoxville-Tennessee-/Vivint-APEX-Told-Vivant-my-alarm-wasnt-working-they-didnt-believe-me-got-robbed-now-t-984003. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint