Complaint Review: Vivint

• Updated: Tue, January 12, 2016

• Reported By: froma2b — Omaha Nebraska USA
Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

VIVINT  After written notice won't turn off system Omaha, Nebraska

Vivint, Is a home alarm system which has changed there name numerous times. Each time they changed the only way I knew was a new sign in my yard.  I was never given the opportunity to sign any new contracts. They just kept taking the money from my account.  Started with them in 2007 with a 2 year contract.

We finally decided that we wanted to cancel this service in 2011. We called and they told us that our contract was not fulfilled and we would have to pay over $200.00 dollars to get it turned off. We chose to stay until the contract expired.  They said April.

We called several times after and each time we still had not fulfilled our contact, but they would not give us the day.  In October of 2012 I sent a letter and made a phone call to this company and asked that the service be terminated.  Nothing happened. Note we had told the Bank the cancel the auto payment.  On November 2nd, Vivint called our home. There was a problem with our account. They had been unable to get the payment from my account.  I told them I had cancelled on 10-19-12.  Well, now I was too late to cancel my account because my contract has already been renewed. I couldn't cancel until April of 2013.

They refuse to make any exceptions.  So they are going to require $42.xx a month until April. I call it stealing. I don't want this product. It was never installed properly and we had to error around 2 sites. We really only had access to Fire and Resue and if that was never utilized.  In addition, I now have to pay another year of city requirements to be tied into the Fire and Resue. So I am over 45 dollar a month.

To me this is Organized Crime.  They are preying on the customer using made up new contracts for the dates they assign. And when you want to cancel they won't let you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint/Omaha-Nebraska-/VIVINT-After-written-notice-wont-turn-off-system-Omaha-Nebraska-966492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint