Complaint Review: Vivint

• Updated: Wed, January 13, 2016

• Reported By: PSR — Austin Texas United States of America
Vivint
PROVO, Utah United States of America

Vivint APX, VIVINT, INC. AFTER WRITTEN NOTICE STILL WON'T CANCEL CONTRACT PROVO, Utah

All the reports that this company fights you canceling your contract must be true. It happened to me.  I knew I had to give written notice 30 days prior to my contract canceling.  The contract is not 3 years or 36 months it is 39 months.  I started the process in May when the contract was canceling in September.

I called to tell them that I was canceling the contract they put me through to a person that tries to get you to stay.  Finally they tell me I can email a request to ar@vivint.com when I called back to make sure they got it they said they didn't and now to send it to support@vivint.com.  I sent it again.  I know they got it because I listed to part of an VM that was trying to sell me again - they won't take no for an answer.

Since I had complied according to the contract and sent written notice I didn't think about it until my credit card was charged.  I called to tell them to take it off and they said my contract had renewed and basically too bad.  This man says they never got anything in writing which I knew was a lie because of the VM left. When I asked to speak to a manager he said he was the manager.  When I asked to speak to someone higher he said they don't answer phones. I hit the ceiling!  I had done everything required.  Now they say it has to be a hand signed email.

This company is evil and I don't know how they sleep, I really don't.   This is not over.  As much as I hate class actions - I hope an attorney sues them and gets it class actioned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2012 06:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint/PROVO-Utah-/Vivint-APX-VIVINT-INC-AFTER-WRITTEN-NOTICE-STILL-WONT-CANCEL-CONTRACT-PROVO-Utah-965685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint