Complaint Review: Vivint

• Updated: Fri, January 22, 2016

• Reported By: Mike — Bristol Connecticut United States of America
4931 North 300 West Provo, Utah United States of America

APX Alarm Vivint Harrassment over contract Provo, Utah

A few years ago my dad living in Port St. Lucie, FL was approached by a door to door sales person from APX Alarm offering a free home security system, all he had to do was keep the sign up and pay for monitoring.  As he was confined to a power chair and it came with a remote "panic button" he thought it was a decent idea to help keep himself and mom safe. About a year into the contract he suddenly passed away and mom needed to move out of the house and into a nursing home. We called APX and explained the situation to them. The woman we spoke to on the phone insisted that payments must still be made because "he signed a contract". By the way, my dad's name was the only name on the contract. My wife asked if this rep understood what "passed away" meant and offered to send APX a copy of his death certificate. The rep said "you can send whatever you want but he signed a contract". We sent them a copy anyways after we stopped laughing at this woman's stupidity. It turns out the stupidity must be company wide. After dealing with at least four other people and sending them a total of three death certificates dad was still getting billed. it was only after I e-mailed them and told them that if they were going to continue to harass us that I'd turn the matter over to my attorney who would be happy to prove at considerable expense to APX that you can't enforce a contract with a dead man that I finally stopped hearing from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2011 07:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint/Provo-Utah-84604/APX-Alarm-Vivint-Harrassment-over-contract-Provo-Utah-693466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint