Complaint Review: Vivint

4931 N 300 W Provo, Utah United States of America

VIVINT  LOW BATTERY ISSUES AND PAYMENT Provo, Utah

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bad Batteries, Inoperable Camera/Wifi

*UPDATE Employee: Helpful info

In June a door saleman came to my house explaining to me who great Vivint is and knowing I've been broke into several times within the year.  Ever since they left I have been receiving up to 5 calls a day staying I have a low battery!!  Then I get a letter stating that the Bank has reject the payment they tried to pull and need to verify my billing infromation, but on 27Jun12 they didn't seem to have a problem with taking out $152.74.  I am so unhappy with their customer service and the company all together I just want out of my contract and don't feel comfortable calling them and again giving me my billing information!?!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint/Provo-Utah-84604/VIVINT-LOW-BATTERY-ISSUES-AND-PAYMENT-Provo-Utah-923552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bad Batteries, Inoperable Camera/Wifi

AUTHOR: bc jason - (United States of America)

I just want to respond to the Vivinit rep that responed to this. My batteries stopped working without any warning and my home was unprotected for several hours. I have the automatic door lock, when I returned home the door was not locked and the system was not even set. I no longer uses that feature even though I am paying nearly 70 bucks monthly for the whole package. When I contacted Vivinit, the rep told me that I could go and buy the batteries myself and they credited $10 to my account. I had to leave home in the middle of the night so I could have protection from buying the batteries myself.

I have learned from that incident and just the other day I called because the Security Camera stopped working. The Vivnit rep. told me that a tech could come out free of charge for the warranty on the part but asked me to pay $49.99 for gas for tech. I had second thoughts at first about this not being a local company (Provo Utah). Even in the warranity period you have to wait until a tech come in the area for other calls b4 you get service.  This is defintely a ripoff.

I pay all of this money to a company every month and I have to pay addditional large sums of money for a warranty service call! Rip Off!. I can't wait to get out of this contract, Have bearly had the service 6 months and have had all tpyes of issues! When you call just for tech support, they are trying to suck more money out of you. I couldn't hardly get my issue resolved without them trying to ask me about money for referrals. No! I will not refer anybody, known or unknown to this Rip off company! I am not using the automatic lock and disconnected the camera that I am stuck with. I refuse to pay $50 for a trip charge.  I will be calling Comcast first thing monday morning about their servce that I will get when I get from under these Crooks. Stay away from Vivinit..

Helpful info

AUTHOR: vivint.tech - (United States of America)

installations are warrantied for 120 days. If you are within that time frame a technician comes out for free and replaces all the batteries. If you don't want to wait for the tech you can buy new batteries at most major shopping centers/ hardware stores. They are not quite as common as AA batteries but they are out there.

As far as the bank issues go upwards of 75% of all vivint customers are setup up on auto-payments from a checking account. You would need to check your bank records for that day to see if the funds were available and that the bank did not block the transaction for some reason (usually only due to lack of funds or at your request).

Vivint's policy is not to keep attempting transactions on the same account but to request new payment information (like when your credit/debit card expires). Remember, just because the bill is not being paid does not mean that the monthly balance is not still accruing...get on top of your payments to avoid potential collection/credit issues in the future.

Good Luck