Complaint Review: Vivint

• Updated: Tue, January 12, 2016

• Reported By: Robert — Flint Michigan United States of America
4931 North 300 West Provo, Utah United States of America

Vivint APX Deceptive Practices and refusal to cancel contract Provo, Utah

In July of 2012 I called Vivint/APX corporate offices in an attempt to cancel my contract. I was advised to submit this request in writing and to include my account number and security password to verify legitimacy of the request. No cancellation.

In August 2012 I called to verify receipt of my request and was told it had not been received but an alternative method of e-mailing the request was a legitimate and acceptable alternative. No cancellation.

In October and November of this year I made phone calls to again request cancellation and was told that my "contract" had been automatically renewed and that the window for affecting a cancellation had expired and ther was nothing I could do but payoff the balance of the contract or transfer to an unsuspecting friend, neighbor or relative. In other words, unscrupulous and deceptive practices.

To further complicate matters, the financial institution to which I have entrusted my financial stability for 52 years has refused to cooperate with me and has chosen to refuse any request for stopping automatic withdrawals. But that's another pending ripoff report complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint/Provo-Utah-84604/Vivint-APX-Deceptive-Practices-and-refusal-to-cancel-contract-Provo-Utah-977955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint