Complaint Review: Vivint

• Reported By: Ripoffed — Bloomington Minnesota United States of America
Vivint
5132 North 300 West Provo, Utah United States of America

Vivint APX Alarm Ripoff King Provo, Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: From the first page of your Vivint/APX contract Section 2.4

Their salesman came to my house at dinner time, and used high pressure tactics to sign me up. He mentioned that the contract will be for 39 months, but didn't mention that I'll have to cancel 1 month before the contract is up, otherwise I'll be automatically signed up for another year.

I signed up, and at the end of the contract term tried to cancel. That's when I discovered what a scam this company is running.  It's identical to what other people have already reported : they didn't receive my cancellation e-mails, I have to fax in a signed letter of cancellation, etc, but they told me after I  fulfilled their ridiculous requirements that I can't cancel.   Isn't a contract suppose to be a consent between two parties to enter into a transaction ?  Obviously this company think they can shaft you anyway they want to.

In the end I have to get a new credit card number so they won't be able to continue to charge my credit card without my consent. They threatened to send my account to a collection agency. If they do, I'll take them to a small claim court and we'll see what happens.

Beware if you're thinking of doing business with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2012 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint/Provo-Utah-846074/Vivint-APX-Alarm-Ripoff-King-Provo-Utah-979619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint

#1 Consumer Suggestion

From the first page of your Vivint/APX contract Section 2.4

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

This is exactlly as it appears on the contract (mine's for 42 months)...including bold face and all caps...no fine print.

2.4 TERM FOR SERVICES. THE ORIGINAL TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT STARTS ON THE DAY THIS AGREEMENT IS SIGNED AND CONTINUES FOR FORTY-TWO (42) MONTHS AND WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUE FROM YEAR TO YEAR THEREAFTER UNLESS CANCELLED BY EITHER OF US IN WRITING, NO LATER THAN THIRTY  (30) DAYS BEFORE THE END OF THE ORIGINAL TERM OR ANY RENEWAL TERM.

It appears you Still haven't read your contract. A contract IS a consent between two parties to enter into a transaction, but it requires YOU to read it to uphold YOUR obligations.

They WILL send your account to a collection agency as you are not following the contract terms.

You don't have any standing in small claims court, either.

No, I don't work for Vivint/APX but have had their service since Sep. 2010 and am quite happy with their service, including their customer service.

I had the salesman leave a copy of the contract with us to read and come back later.

I have since re-read it to be SURE I understand its terms.

A WRITTEN contract is used to avoid the "They didn't tell me...." part of this.