Complaint Review: Vivint

• Updated: Mon, January 11, 2016

• Reported By: KYNDRA — SUMMERVILLE South Carolina United States of America
Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

*Author of original report: Thanks for the chastisement - NOT

*Consumer Suggestion: Had you read that contract you didn't keep...

I signed on with VIVNT in 2007, not that I still hold on to the ppwk, etc.  I was never informed by my sales person that after I fulfilled my 5 year contract, that I would automatically roll-over into a 1 year contract.  My service has never worked properly and after a couple of years, I gave up waiting for my contract to end.  Now, I am told after paying this company over $3K, I still have to pay until JULY of this year.  They got my 5 years - I got a pitiful $30 discount on my homeowners insurance.  Never trust them, never use them.  It is not worth the trouble!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-/VIVINTnbsp-HUGE-RIP-OFFnbsp-FAULTY-EQUIPMENT-LACKING-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-AUTO-ROLL-O-994619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint

Thanks for the chastisement - NOT

AUTHOR: KYNDRA S. CARMAN - (United States of America)

1 - System was never installed properly, wires were cut too short for the plug - took forever for that to get fixed

2 - Once activated the system will go off w/o notice or cause.

3 - Did not come with the big discount on my home owners like i was promised.

4 - From what I understand from other consumers, cancellation is still a nightmare, claims of never receiving the cancellation notice, even when it's FAXED in.

5 - With a 5 year contract, a good "customer-oriented" company would at least make an attempt in writing to advise the consumer when it's time to renew/cancel

Exactlly how many senior citizens do you think this has happened to?

Vivint is a waste of time, money and effort.  I promise they will receive a notice from me about cancellation, I can't wait to get rid of this useless system! I, like approximately 2000 other victims, have reported them to the Better Business Bureau.  The reason the name change is the other companies they used to work under got sued.  They have a C+ rating with the BBB in part due to Government actions against them and their high volume of complaints.

Good Luck to you, Sir, as you are stuck with them, I hope your experience is better than mine.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Had you read that contract you didn't keep...

"not that I still hold on to the ppwk, etc".

You should, had you bothered to read it, have found that you have to cancel IN WRITING at least 30 days before expiration of the original term of the contract or it will automatically renew in one year intervals until properly/timely cancelled.

It's on page one of the contract you signed in BOLD FACE ALL CAPS.

Really hard to miss.

What didn't work right on your system?  I've had mine for over two years with no problems whatsoever.