Complaint Review: Vivint

• Updated: Tue, January 12, 2016

• Reported By: LD — Bartlett Tennessee United States of America
Vivint

Vivint Alarm  Don't expect to cancel alarm service easily, Internet

We have had Vivint for a number of years. I called last year and spoke with a rep about cancelling the service since we placed our house on the market. I was told our contract went through Sept, but could transfer the account with no problem to the new owners. No big deal since Sept was only a few months away.

Forward to Nov of the following year, we sell the house. I call Vivint and inform them that we have sold, we have provided the information to the new owners, but wanted to cancel the contract. Lo and behold, the contract was "automatically" renewed for another year. If the new owners do not transfer the account, we have to pay the cancellation fee. This was NEVER mentioned in the two or three times I called. Each time, it was transfer the account and it will be fine.

I contacted the company about this intitial and the only option is to transfer it to someone else or pay the fee. That's it.

I have used three other alarm services in the past and when we went to cancel the account, there were no problems. I understand the initial contract period to ensure the company receives the cost to install the alarm - but automatically lenthening the contract and entire year is a RIPOFF!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint/internet/Vivint-Alarm-Dont-expect-to-cancel-alarm-service-easily-Internet-966846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint