Complaint Review: Vivint

• Submitted: Mon, November 07, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, January 20, 2016

• Reported By: Adrienne — Wahiawa Hawaii United States of America
Vivint

Vivint, Inc. Apex Alarm Company refuses to return my phone calls re: EFT release, permit charges, billing options Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Where to get help

There is a company called Vivint, Inc. who has gone door to door in my neighborhood asking to have our home as a model home for their company as an alarm systems company. We we're asked to be a model home and was given two cameras, two fobkeys, a control panel and a in home tracking device.

Thinking that they were legitimate, they hooked everything up in our home. Before leaving, we were given a instructions to put up their signs in front of our home for display and had agreed that we wouldn't pay for anything except for the monthly cost to have this system running which is approximately $65.00 per month.

My concern and complaint is that I have made multiple calls to this company requesting to be taken off electronic funds withdrawal, to fix my billing notice on the website, and to help us with paying a fine which we received from our City and County Police Department for not having a permit. We were not informed that a permit was necessary to have our this alarm system by the representative who hooked up our devices as well as the representatives I have been in constant contact to resolve my billing concerns.

With several attempts to resolve this issue, we have been requesting that our account be closed because of their non responses to our concerns and are now being told we will be charged for breaking our contract.

We need legal help to stop this company from harming our community with their misrepresentation on this service and product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2011 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivint/internet/Vivint-Inc-Apex-Alarm-Company-refuses-to-return-my-phone-calls-re-EFT-release-permit-c-795818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivint

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Where to get help

AUTHOR: Shela - (United States of America)

It sounds like you need to start by contacting the Better Bussiness Bureau to try to resolve your issues. They have an optional arbitration system and legal assistance if needed. Good luck!

Shela