Complaint Review: Vivitar

• Submitted: Thu, March 25, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, March 25, 2004

• Reported By:fort ripley Minnesota
Vivitar
1280 Rancho Conejo Blvd Newbury Park, Ca Newbury Park, California U.S.A.

Vivitar ripoff won't answer calls only says will call back, or return e-mails says they will, can't get help Newbury Park California

*Consumer Comment: I agree...Vivitar needs better communication

from first day I had camers i had problems downloading to my computer to see photos, went thru all hoops to get it to work,loaded a few but then stopped loading and I called them,got machine,says we will call you back no response,called 3 more times,can't get live body,costing me the long distance, tried internet,same thing,same old story,had to create an acct, got 2 e-mails saying they will respond they never did.I have not been able to download since october and i have pictures in there i need,grand children etc...i thought spe3nding over $125.00 for a brand name camera It would work. I am angry,as I wanted to enjoy a quality product and my hubby had to buy me a different camera which works all the time,never had trouble downloading once,,,, help

Alice
fort ripley, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2004 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivitar/Newbury-Park-California-91320/Vivitar-ripoff-wont-answer-calls-only-says-will-call-back-or-return-e-mails-says-they-wi-85361. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivitar

I agree...Vivitar needs better communication

AUTHOR: Tina - (U.S.A.)

I have also had problems reaching Vivitar regarding their digital cameras. After weeks of not being able to use it and getting no response from the so called "Vivitar customer service center" I returned the camera to the store that it was bought at and bought a different brand and have had absolutley no problems with it.

My suggestion, take it back and get another brand. Although the pictures will be lost, at least you will have a new camera to take more pictures of your grand-children.