Complaint Review: Vivitek

• Reported By:La Porte Indiana
Vivitek
shopnbc Internet U.S.A.

Vivitek - shop nbc Internet

I bought a 40'' lcd vivitek tv less than a year ago. Every thing was going great until a few months ago I went to turn it on and the vivitek logo came on for a second, then the tv made a clicking noise and screen went blank. After a few seconds I could hear the sound but no picture would come up.

To fix the problem I found out if you unplug it, a few times, as the logo starts to dissappear and turn it back on it would stay on. But it will only stay on for about an hour to an hour and a half. The rest of the day it will not come back on for more than a few seconds if at all. I never received my rebatefor the stupid thing either. It was suppose to have a $200 dollar rebate, which is the only reason I bought the tv.

I can't afford a $1300 tv. I had to do the payment plan only to find out I wasn't going to ever get that $200 rebate. After long extensive internet research I discover the company is bogus. They just keep switching their name to trick consumers. Now I have a $1300 piece of junk hanging on my wall. I can't even find parts for it to try to fix it.

I will never buy anything from ShopNBC ever again. They know they are selling junk. Anything to make a buck though. If anybody knows a solution to my problem please let me know. I would like to have my tv back. The 15 inch lcd just isn't doin it for me.

Michael
La Porte, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2008 10:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivitek/internet/Vivitek-shop-nbc-Internet-301466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vivitek