Complaint Review: Vizio

• Submitted: Wed, April 15, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 15, 2009

• Reported By:Lynnwnood Washington
39 Tesla Irvine, California U.S.A.

Vizio Plasma Burn after only 4 months Irvine California

Bought a Vizio 50" Plasma about 4 months ago, picture looked great. I noticed that after just 4 months of use the TV got burn in. The maybe got a 4 hours of use a day. I don't think a TV should get burn in just by watching it 4 hours a day.

Called Vizio support about the problem. I was told to take a picture of the screen and model and serial numbers, and to e-mail them to vizio. I was told that someone would contact me withing 24 hours. No one contacted me, so I called back and I was told again that someone would call me. To no avail, so I called for the third time, and I finally got a tech. After explaining the problem and giving them my case #, he said that it was not covered under the warranty.

I know most of the time burn-in not covered. I was astounded that the TV got burn it after only a 4 months of use. So beware of the quality of Vizio TV's as well as the warranty and the service and support they offer.

Lynnwnood, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2009 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vizio/Irvine-California-92618/Vizio-Plasma-Burn-after-only-4-months-Irvine-California-443900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vizio