Complaint Review: Vizio

• Updated: Wed, May 28, 2014

• Reported By: ltonjes — Albuquerque New Mexico
Vizio
Internet USA

Vizio New Vizio TV does not work. Company will not stand behind it. Irvine, CA Internet

*Author of original report: May be cracked, but I am not at fault.

*Consumer Comment: I'm with them on this...

We have had the TV for 4 days. Just unboxed it and it does not work. After chatting with Vizio representative and sending pictures, they said that the TV is not defective and is not their responsibility.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2014 07:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vizio/internet/Vizio-New-Vizio-TV-does-not-work-Company-will-not-stand-behind-it-Irvine-CA-Internet-1150412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vizio

May be cracked, but I am not at fault.

AUTHOR: ltonjes - ()

I appreciate your comments. However, I did not break the screen. I unboxed it, removed the styrofoam, and plugged it in. I am not responsible for who the company chooses as their shipping agent. I purchased the TV in good faith that the company would pack their product so that the consumer could enjoy a working TV.

I am not at fault, except that I purchased a Vizio with inadequate packaging.

I'm with them on this...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"they said that the TV is not defective and is not their responsibility."

I would bet they TOLD you the screen is cracked, because it is.  That means either shipping broke it or YOU did.  In any case it is NOT their problem.

Nope, I don't work for them, but repaired electronics for many years.