Complaint Review: VoiceNet Telephone

• Updated: Tue, July 21, 2009

• Reported By:Lake Forest California
VoiceNet Telephone
www.voicenetplus.com/ Internet United States of America

VoiceNet Telephone SCAM USBI Charged me for Long Distance Service through my phone bill, I never signed up for the service Internet

I have local/long distance phone service with AT&T. I just noticed the July bill showing the additional monthly charge of $14.82 from VoiceNet Telephone (related to UBSI scam that I have heard about). I contacted AT&T regarding this unauthorized charged and was told that I have to contact the 3rd parties, Voicenet in this case, to settle the dispute since AT&T is required to accept the billing from the 3rd parties without any question (?). Fortunately, AT&T rep agreed to remove the charge from my bill but I need to call AT&T monthly to repeat this same request until I resolve the issue with Voicenet.

I called both toll free numbers listed on the bill 888-478-8724 (USBI) and 877-860-3006 (Voicenet Telephone) and been putting on-hold many times. There are many Voicenet Telephone LLC out there but according to Google search on the Voicenet phone number, I found this interest article from the
(((REDACTED)))

The toll free number belongs to voicenetplus.com

I also learn that this similar illegal practices from both Voicenet Telephone and UBSI have been exposed by media, consumers (through this Ripoff Report) and even complaint filed by FCC in 2008 (IC No. 08-S0293860) for years but it seems that they are still able to get away with it.

I also heard that those telecom companies like AT&T, Verizon are not supposed to accept the billing from the 3rd parties unless it is expressively authorized by the their client but this is not the case for all of us.

Any comment or suggestion are appreciated.

Eric Lake Forest, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2009 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VoiceNet-Telephone/internet/VoiceNet-Telephone-SCAM-USBI-Charged-me-for-Long-Distance-Service-through-my-phone-bill-I-471849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VoiceNet Telephone