Complaint Review: Voicemail Professionals - ILD Teleservices - Enhanced Voicemail

• Submitted: Fri, December 12, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 12, 2008

• Reported By:New City New York
Voicemail Professionals - ILD Teleservices - Enhanced Voicemail
myvoicemailprofessionals.com; ildtelecom.com Ponte Vedra Beach;internet, Florida U.S.A.

Voicemail Professionals - ILDVoicemail Professionals - ILD Teleservices - Enhanced Voicemail Voicemail Professionals authorized ILD to charge my phoneline at Verizon $15.99 a month to pay for an 800 number that was requested by a Marie Weomsteom in an online registration. I never heard of her or Voicemail Professionals. Ponte Vedra Beach Florida

When I called Verizon to question a $15.99 charge for Voicemail services, I discovered that Voicemail Professionals had directed ILD Teleservices to charge my phoneline for an 800 number that had been requested by Marie Weomsteom in an online registration for the 800 number.I never heard of her and never odrered an 800 number.I had been charged for a total of 4 months. Verizon offered to credit me and place a block on my line to prevent future fraudulent charges.

When I called ILD Teleservices, they told me that the Voicemail Professional Company authorized them to charge my phone number for the 800 number they provided for the online registration by a Marie Weomsteom (a person I do not know). Voicemail Services accepts the online registrations and never verifies the phone numbers they are told to charge by the online registrants. ILD never verifies the payment authorizations either.

Somehow, my number was selected for payment purposes and neither ILD or Voicemail Professionals bothered to see whether I really authorized any payments from my phone bill. Verizon never verified the charges either; they simply added them to my phone bill.

Why does the phone company have to wait until the theft has already occurred to block my phones from such a theft. Why are these companies allowed to randomly place charges on phone lines without explicit orders from me? I cannot even talk about my telephone bill unless I have documented at least 15 minutes worth of information and proof that I am who I say I am. These companies fraudulantly charged me for something I never ordered or used; obviously, they are scamming me if they already have 400 plus complaints against them. Why are they still in business??

Toni
New City, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2008 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Voicemail-Professionals-ILD-Teleservices-Enhanced-Voicemail/Ponte-Vedra-Beachinternet-Florida-32082/Voicemail-Professionals-ILDVoicemail-Professionals-ILD-Teleservices-Enhanced-Voicema-400758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Voicemail Professionals - ILD Teleservices - Enhanced Voicemail