Complaint Review: Volaris Airlines

• Submitted: Wed, August 11, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, August 12, 2010

• Reported By: gwsmith80 — Olympia Washington United States of America
Volaris Airlines

Volaris Airlines Attempted an unauthorized charge my credit card, Tijuana, Internet

*Author of original report: You are probably right

*Consumer Comment: More likely

I was contacted by my credit card compay because of suspicious activity on my account. Apparently Volaris, a Mexican airline based in Tijuana, was trying to make unauthorized charges my account. I have never heard of this airline until today. We have blocked the charges.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2010 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Volaris-Airlines/internet/Volaris-Airlines-Attempted-an-unauthorized-charge-my-credit-card-Tijuana-Internet-630632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Volaris Airlines

You are probably right

AUTHOR: gwsmith80 - (USA)

Up to a point. I do fault the indiviual with my credit card, but also the airline. Since this was an internet or telephone purchase, the airline failed to check the 3-digit code that would verify that the person actually had the card.

My credit card company immediately cancelled the card and issued a new one.

More likely

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

The more likely scenario is that someone with your stolen card info was trying to use it to buy a ticket from the airline.  Do you have any reason to believe the airline was involved?

Last time my card numbers were stolen, somebody tried to buy a lot of shoes at a Nike outlet in Japan.   I'm pretty sure that Nike was not in on the scam.