Complaint Review: Volaris

• Reported By: Eddie — Los Angeles California United States of America
Volaris

Volaris Deceitful advertising Mexico City, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Problem Solved

Bought a round trip ticket on Volaris from Guadalajara to Los Angeles. There are three rates, non-refundable, $50 change and a "Want it All" which is the highest rates and promises to give you the greatest flexibility: "In the Want It All fare level, changes are unlimited and at no charge, however if the ticket has a different price on the date of your change, you will be required to cover the difference."

When I tried to change the dates, I was not allowed to use it on available dates unless I paid the highest rate which meant I would have to pay another $700 dollars for the change even though there are many available seats. This is totally misleading advertising, and you pay almost twice as much to have flexibility and are not allowed to use lower rate flights, even if you are willing to lose the difference in rates. I was on the phone for over an hour, then on-line chat, and again on the phone. Eventually I found a date 6 months in the future for $100 dollars more, but they wanted to charge me Call Center Service Charge on top of that.

Don't purchase "Want it All" / "Lo Quiero Todo" rates, it's a total RIP-OFF. I have bought the mid-range and paid $50 dollars to switch without any problem.

I wrote to Volaris Corporate and have yet to receive a response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2011 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Volaris/internet/Volaris-Deceitful-advertising-Mexico-City-Internet-799658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Volaris

Problem Solved

AUTHOR: ViajaVolaris - (Mexico)

We are glad to inform that we got in touch with our customer and solved this complaint in a satisfactory way.

Your comments are welcome and help us to improve our services.

As a more direct way to congratulate us or complain about our service, we invite you to join our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/viajavolaris.

Thank you.