Complaint Review: VolksWagen, 2008 VW EOS

• Reported By: Dami — Houston Texas United States of America
VolksWagen, 2008 VW EOS
Houston, Texas United States of America

VolksWagen, 2008 VW EOS Shattered sunroof on eos Houston, Texas

I have a 2008 VW EOS that is a hard top convertible and also a sunroof. I have had it since May of 2011. I bought it certified pre owned from the Momentum VW dealership. I was driving on I-10 Friday evening around 8pm when my sunroof exploded and shattered on me. I didnt not feel any rocks nor were there any cars next to me. I pulled over while trying to protect my face and exited the freeway. I pulled into a lit parking lot and took pictures of my car and called my boyfriend. My windows and windshield were intact. I did not see any external damage to the body of the car. He had me search the car for any rocks, bullets, or stones. I didnt find anything.

I had glass in my hair, on my body and a few cuts, but I was able to drive home. I called the dealership the next day to inform them of what happened. They explained that there wasnt much they could do. I called Volkswagen of America on Monday. [continued below]....
..... They gave me a case number and assured me someone would look into it. I was then called by the dealership on Tuesday to be informed that my case was closed and that VW had no way to prove what caused the glass explosion.
I was repeatedly told that VW could not take responsibility for the incident because they could not prove that it was not caused by an outside influence. I am not unreasonable, but I would like them to investigate what type of influence would shatter a sunroof. If I get my car fixed, I am afraid to drive it. They keep telling me that this foesnt happen. It happened to me. I have no idea if this will happen again

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2012 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VolksWagen-2008-VW-EOS/Houston-Texas-/VolksWagen-2008-VW-EOS-Shattered-sunroof-on-eos-Houston-Texas-968671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VolksWagen, 2008 VW EOS