Complaint Review: Volkswagen Of America, Inc

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2008

• Reported By:Brier Washington
Volkswagen Of America, Inc
3499 West Hamlin Road Rocheter Hills, Minnesota U.S.A.

Volkswagen Of America, Inc Volkswagon won't reimburse us for a Service Action. The car broke down and was stranded for 8 hours in one of the worst wind/rain storms in recent history. Rocheter Hills Minnesota

We purchased a 2002 Passat Wagon in Nov. of 2006. Thirty two days later (two days pass the 30 day warranty), I was driving to a very stressful doctor's appointment in Seattle. We had a terrible rain/wind storm and my check engine light was flashing. I tried to make it as far as I could but the car started to die. I pulled into a parking garage. After the appointment, I tried calling a tow truck. It took him 4 hours to get to me. The roads were all flooded and traffic was not moving. We finally go to the dealership that sold us the car 2.5 hours later (normally a 15 min. ride).

The dealership said it was the brake booster that was broken and he had to order the part. He said he hardly ever replaces that part. Mind you my husband has a 1972 Chevy pick-up that has the original brake booster. Since, we didn't buy the extended warranty on the car the dealership wouldn't cover it. We forked over $800.00 dollars and we were not pleased.

In September, we received a Service Action on the car. It stated that "moist debris might clog the air plenum drain area and water could leak into the passenger compartment and into the brake booster." We summited the claim and they denied it. They said that the "repair invoice we summited didn't contain the symptoms that match the symptoms identified in the service action." They just didn't want to pay us.

We are selling this car and will never buy VW again.

Never buying a vw again
Brier, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2008 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Volkswagen-Of-America-Inc/Rocheter-Hills-Minnesota-48309/Volkswagen-Of-America-Inc-Volkswagon-wont-reimburse-us-for-a-Service-Action-The-car-br-304700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Volkswagen Of America, Inc